Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

canon eos 600 error message

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    DaveMurdoch
    16 Oct 2009 - 11:05 PM

hi all,
    i have a canon eos 600 which i bought for a photography course.the camera works fine with my sigma 55-200 EF fit lens but i also have a few m42 lens..
    these work fine on my 40D but when i use them on my eos 600 with a m42 EF fit adaptor i keep getting the error message "bc" and the mirror flips up but stays up :?
    i was wondering if i might need to get an AF confirm m42 adaptor instead but not sure...
    anyone any ideas on how or if i can get my m42 lens to work with this camera????

thanks in advance,dave

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Oct 2009 - 11:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

boony
    boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Oct 2009 - 11:44 PM

when mine did this it needed a shutter service. was fine after id had it looked at

cmawson
    cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Oct 2009 - 3:12 AM

If I remember correctly, on the Canon 600 series, 'bc' in the LCD panel along with mirror lock-up, indicates exhausted battery. It should take 1x 2cr5 lithium battery.

Derek3755
    Derek3755  7 United Kingdom
    17 Oct 2009 - 7:34 AM

This isfrom the manual:
    Blinking “BC” on the LCD panel
    If the battery power falls to a very low level or a camera misoperation or malfunction occurs, “BC” will blink on the LCD panel. In such a case,
    follow the procedure below:
    ( 1 ) Press the battery check button to check the battery power. If the battery power is low, replace the battery.
    ( 2 ) If the battery power is normal, remove the battery and reload it.
    ( 3 ) Release the shutter once.
    If the “BC” then turns off, the camera is back to normal. However, if this procedure is repeated and “BC” still continues to blink, the camera has a malfunction. Take it to your nearest Canon Service Center.

DaveMurdoch
    17 Oct 2009 - 8:56 PM

thanks for the replies everyone..
    its a new battery and i`ve only taken 24 shots with it so far.i`ve tried changing it and i`ve checked it several times but still no luck..
    i find it odd that when im using my sigma 55-200 1:4-5.6 DC lens it works fine but as soon as i put the m42 adaptor on, the mirror sticks in the up position.even without a lens screwed in.....

looks like im stuck using one lens for the whole year in my photography course :-(

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.