Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon EOS 650D and Nikon D3200 - Has the game changed?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62478 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
20 Jul 2012 - 6:43 AM

Quote: Nikon said once that 12mp was the best compromise for their then standard kit lenses.

I am not aware of that - and I doubt Nikon is either Wink
Nikon said at a particular point in the evolution curve 12 MP was the best compromise for resolution (good enough for A3 prints), high ISO noise, processing quality and cost.
I doubt any 12 MP cameras will still be in production at the start of 2013.
It is obvious resolution, high ISO, processing quality and cost are currently moving quickly in favour of DSLR buyers.
On a point of detail standard "kit lenses" do not have a fixed resolution in the sense that image detail is a combination of sensor and lens resolution and never achieves 100% of either in isolation. If sensor resolution is increased an image file contains more resolution - even if taken using a kit lens.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Jul 2012 - 6:43 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pmeswani
pmeswani e2 Member 2pmeswani vcard United Kingdom
20 Jul 2012 - 6:17 PM

My advice is don't treat the 650D as an Entry Level Camera. It's closer to a professional camera than an entry level one. If someone who wanted to buy a DSLR for the first time and want to have a camera to do the odd shots here and there, I would tell them to either get a Compact Camera or DSLR no higher than the 600D.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.