Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exciting Updates to Free & Paid Memberships! Read More

Canon EOS 6D !

colin beeley Plus
12 1.1k 10 England
17 Sep 2012 3:52PM
here we go another must have camera

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit Plus
5 7.3k 11 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 4:03PM
Big Bri Plus
13 15.8k United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 4:06PM
redsnappa Plus
12 2.0k United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 7:05PM

Quote:It's in the news section as well...

Information is better from the horses mouth though.
Big Bri Plus
13 15.8k United Kingdom
17 Sep 2012 7:08PM

Quote:Information is better from the horses mouth though.

I'm sure that EPZ got the info from Canon, and didn't invent it....
18 Sep 2012 7:23PM
Friends,

whether it's in the news section or not, I most certainly will not be buying one!

Is the 6D necessarily better than the 7D? Even after upgrading the 2 lots of firmware updates?

What's the big deal about full frame anyway?

My Skoda is no Ferrari, but it can still take me places!!Grin

Frank.
Ade_Osman Plus
11 4.5k 36 England
18 Sep 2012 7:44PM
I'm hanging fire for the imminent 70D, but only because that's the way I've always upgraded.....EOS5-D30-10D-30D-50D-?? Although in truth I may well skip the 70D as my 30D is still performing admirably, in fact it's out done the 50D's I have which have both had to be sent away for repairs. If it wasn't for the fact all my lenses are Canon fit, I would probably have switched to Nikon, much as it pains me to say that, but their gear does seem to be that much more durable!

Ade
19 Sep 2012 8:55AM
Hello Ade,

I'm with you, on this one.

If your 30D still performs and gives you the results you require, surely there is no need for change.

I believe my current 7D ought to last me for years. I don't understand all this need for change, or upgrades.

Frank.
2 Oct 2012 9:10PM
Totally agree. The 30D is a great camera when used to it's full potential (custom functions optimized). But I sure would like a 7D but not prepared to buy a 3 year old camera when enthusiast compacts are stealing the march on their DSLR counterparts.
Ptr_A Plus
5 54 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2012 11:30PM
Ckristoff, the big deal about a full frame camera is the size of each pixel. If a crop sensor has 18million pixels and a full frame sensor has the same amount, there should be less noise on the full frame sensor due to the increased size of each pixel.

I don't have a full frame camera, just a Canon 60d. Our eldest son has the Canon 5dmk111 and the quality difference in the images of both cameras using the same glass is clear to see.
9 Oct 2012 12:45AM
Will wait and see what tomorrow brings Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.