Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon EOS7D being off-loaded?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56487 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2012 - 4:44 PM

Back in September I was talking to the owner of in a Vancouver camera shop who had just recently from some big photo jamboree and his reading of the discussions with Canon people was that the 5D3 will likely have the focussing and frame rate of the 7D making it ideal 'lighweight' full frame even for everyone from studio to wildlife; the 1D/1DS will be consolidated to 1D for those who need a real rugged body. Meanwhile the xxD series will effectively be consolidated with the 7D as their midpriced range and the xxD will move up a notch.

How about that for a pack of rumours?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jan 2012 - 4:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
12 Jan 2012 - 9:14 PM

The 1DX already exists.

They will release a new mount mirror-less which will be very small but quality.

The 5D series will be extended with new lenses for movie shooting. But retain an EF mount.

The 300 will become a dedicated filmer, with its own lenses and smooth f/ changes

Last Modified By User_Removed at 12 Jan 2012 - 9:14 PM
Rev2
Rev2  4220 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2012 - 9:25 PM

Quote: Have just noticed that on the ebay Canon Outlet site, there are lots of EOS7Ds up for 'auction'. This normally happens when a particular model is due for imminent replacement.

Or it could be that lots of people bought 7D's when their 450D's packed up and they thought they could guarantee 50+ votes for each pic posted. Disappointed with the results they've sent them back because they can't figure out the menu and bought a bridge camera instead. Just a thought.

mikemarita
14 Jan 2012 - 2:13 PM

Where can you buy a 7D body for anything like 740?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.