Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

canon flash speedlites for 5D mk1

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tepot
    tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Apr 2012 - 4:15 AM

i need a flash set up for macro work for my 5D mk1, i have just read about multiple flash set ups for still life and flash triggers to fire multiple guns, i would like to try this and was wondering if 2-3 270 ex mk2's would be compatible with the eos flash system, i know nothing about this since i hardly ever use flash and am a rookie at the moment with much to learn? where can i read more about this kind of set up and more about the canon flash system in general, i know these flash guns are compatible with the 5D mk2 but what about the MK1? can anyone reccomend a website where i can learn more please?

Terry.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Apr 2012 - 4:15 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108574 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Apr 2012 - 3:06 PM

Terry, My other half is a Canon shooter, She now has a 5D MkII, But prior to that had a 5D MkI ( that she often wishes she still had ) Anyhow, Her speedlights that worked with the MkI are now in use with the MkII, So my guess is this, Anything that works with a 5D MkII should work OK with the MkI, From the speedlight point of view, Nothing much has changed.

Triggers wise, We are now using the Pixel Pro brand, They are much much better than the sort you normally find on Ebay, They come in a range of various models, You can buy separate receivers, Or buy a kit with 2 receivers & 1 transmitter, This works out cheaper in the long run.

On top of that there is now a well stocked and knowledgeable supplier here in the Uk.....Wink

The rest as they say is up to you.....!

tepot
    tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
    6 Apr 2012 - 12:31 AM

Thanks Cameracat, i am interested as to why the MK1 is prefered to the MK2 by your other half though, more pixels an all?

Terry.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.