Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon G9, is it the Daddy?

scapegoat 7 7
24 Sep 2007 7:03PM
Whoops! Can't do that. No point in posting them in the gallery as they will have to be too small to be of value. Think again.
I pleased with the results though.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

floreus 10 106 1
6 Oct 2007 3:07PM
Well, i got mine today after cancelling and reordering all over the place. First impressions are that It's a solid little beastie and quality seems good but i forgot to order a memory card as i presumed it would be a cf card like my old ixus so i only have the little card that came with it. Anyway, a bit of a daft question but what memory card (1 or 2 gig) do I order? I've only ever known compact flash cards Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
6 Oct 2007 4:34PM

Quote:No point in posting them in the gallery as they will have to be too small to be of value

Lol I`ve heard some excuses in my time Smile

Quote:a bit of a daft question but what memory card (1 or 2 gig)

Thats up to you, I prefere one gig cards and keep a nice selection. Shop around and you can pick them up as cheap as a fiver each Smile

With a prosumer or compact fast cards are`nt necessary.

try here
floreus 10 106 1
6 Oct 2007 11:57PM
Thanks for the link, Paul, I'll probably order a few at that price! I got a cheapo one from tesco in the meantime. It's taking a while to get to grips with the camera though! It's really frustrating not having a manual to hand and having to trawl through the pdf files instead. I have the attention span of a gnat so not getting very far Smile
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
7 Oct 2007 1:21AM
PDF`s can be a pain at the best of times, is there not one of those basic getting started guides with the camera.
philb100 7 2 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 12:46PM
Hi
Iím new here to this site and noticed this thread.
Iím really considering buying a canon G9 as it looks like just the camera I need but have read a few reviews that are reporting a light leak on the bottom right hand of the screen and also some bad reports of dead pixcels

this could just be a bad batch but wondered if anyone here as had these problems.
floreus 10 106 1
8 Oct 2007 6:47PM
Hi Philip, I just got a G9 on saturday and i've not noticed the problems you've mentioned. I posted a photo on sunday taken with it with a bit of info. From what I can tell so far, it's a good compact but it won't be replacing the canon 5d I've got Grin
philb100 7 2 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 7:36PM
Hi Tori thanks for the reply glad you donít seem to have those problems with your G9. Apparently canon have been replacing the ones with it so they must be aware of it. Hopefully its just a temporary glitch on a batch of them.

Iím really having to compromise at the moment. I'd like to get a digital slr (I have film ones) but I really canít afford one at the moment so I was looking to get the best compact I could afford with a lot of control , camera raw option and good build quality and the canon G9 seems to be it.

I had a look at your gallery by the way, some great photographs in there. Just the type of photography I want to get into, documentary and street stuff. Maybe the smaller camera will be better for that as Iíll tend to have it with me moreSmile
trivets12 10 1.2k
8 Oct 2007 8:00PM
According to dpreview.com the light leak is on the A650 not the G9 so you shouldn't have any problems.
Hope this helps,
Trudy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.