Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canon Ip3600? Help needed?

Lucian 4 561
10 Jan 2013 11:44PM
I have a canon ip3600 and as anyone with this printer will be aware it has 2 black ink cartridges. I think the large one is for text documents as opposed to photos. I am trying to print lots of text documents out on ordinery paper and it seems to be using the small black ink cartridge as opposed to the large one. can anyone advise on how to set up the printer so that the large black ink cartridge is used.

thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhab 2 43 2 Indonesia
11 Jan 2013 8:27AM
use only print in black cartridge on printer setting.
Lucian 4 561
11 Jan 2013 11:10AM
Cant seem to find this option in the setup menus. I tried taking all the other cartridges out but this never worked.
collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 11:23AM
its not "use black ink" - its "print in Grey Scale" found in the print menu
Lucian 4 561
11 Jan 2013 11:34AM
Thank you for your help. i have found the greyscale option. Will this automatically use the large black cartridge now and not use the small black one?
GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
11 Jan 2013 12:07PM
I think it's unlikely that the Canon driver would use anything other than the larger pigment black cartridge unless you're printing text as an image file. It will, however, use the CMY inks to produce decidedly unerotic shades of grey during greyscale printing.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.