Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon Ixus 65 advice

ChazB e2
9 64 3 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2007 6:17PM
Hi everyone,

my boyfriend is looking for a new camera to take away on a skiing holiday and therefore would be ideal to carry around in a jacket pocket. So far we think the Canon Ixus 65 looks quite good and is in the right kind of price range for him. I was wondering if anyone has any advice about getting this particular camera or any general thoughts about it. Thanks very much!

Charlotte

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
6 Jan 2007 7:26PM
The Olympus mju digitals are said to be "weatherproof" if that is a consideration for skiing? The 740 is in the same price range by the looks of it.
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
6 Jan 2007 11:27PM
Not sure about the Ixus 65, But I have been testing an Ixus 60 since before Christmas, And it's very very good indeed, Build quality, Image quality, Features, are all quite amazing for something so small, And there are Truck loads of accesories available for it, including waterproof housings, weather proof cases (Crumpler ones are neoprene),

Now baring in Mind that I normally use Nikon DSLR's D200 & D70, This is praise indeed as I am very fussy.

I can only assume that the Ixus 65 model is much the same.

You will not be dissapointed.

Vince
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
7 Jan 2007 11:20AM
Sumfin Else the Ixus's are blessed with is several modes for shooting in particular locations, One of them just happens to be " Snow Scene " where it claims to remove the blue caste you can get in snow scenes, and helps when taking portraits of people with a bright snowy background, Guess that might be helpful on a Ski trip, But as I have not tried it in these situations, I only have Canons word for it. (LOL)
ChazB e2
9 64 3 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2007 6:55PM
Sorry for not getting back sooner, have been busy revising for uni exams! Thankyou very much for the replies, especially Vince, your response has filled us with lots of confidence in the Ixus 60 / 65, it still sounds like it would be well worth looking into!
Charlotte

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.