Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

Canon mv530i

roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
7 Jan 2004 11:32AM
Does anyone know where I can find some decent online reviews for the above product.

I know its a Videocamera first and a stills camera second but it does take Digital stills onto a card so I guess I can get away with asking the question on this site.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
7 Jan 2004 12:04PM
"Canon mv530i+review" entered in Google will bring you 240 hits, one or two must be of use!
Google is your friend!
7 Jan 2004 12:17PM
Thanks Frank.

Although Google is not my friend, we regularly argue. As usual google will give you numerous pages on where to buy a unit in the States and also loads of foreign language sites. But it will not show you the relevent sites untill you conduct a painstaking search through the pages.

I was hoping someone already knew of a good site to refer to

Alan
daveb 11 13 New Zealand
7 Jan 2004 12:27PM
Alan,

If you use www.google.co.uk rather than the .com site, you can specify "pages from the UK", via an option button beneath the search box. This will cut down on the foreign stuff (although not eliminate it altogether in my experience) and reduce the previously stated 240-odd results to 60-odd with Frank's search criteria.

Not perfect, but it might help.

Dave
7 Jan 2004 12:32PM
Thanks , I'll try that after lunch, any kind of filter is gotta be good.

Alan
agoreira 11 6.0k Wales
7 Jan 2004 12:40PM
Good advice Dave! I normally add "+UK" or "-USA", filters out a lot, but as you say, not all of it. Refine your searches Alan, it'll save you a lot of hassle. Plus, you asked for reviews, doesn't matter where they come from. If you're looking for sites to purchase, that's different! Wink
7 Jan 2004 1:44PM
Thanks again Frank

Yes its definatly reviews I'm after, the trouble with looking at the retail sites is that they give you a sales speil not a review.

I am hoping to find a impartial review as I have just purchased one of these videocameras on the new Canon eBay store.

Alan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.