Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon Pixma ip2600 help! - Printing washed out colours 90% of time

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • 1
    • »
    chelle
    chelle  877 forum posts
    10 Dec 2011 - 1:53 PM

    Hello all!

    I have a Canon Pixma ip 2600 printer and it has worked fine for a few years now. But lately when I print out images the colours look really washed out.

    This happens 90% of the time. The other 10% are fine. It is really strange. Sometimes i print a photo out and it is really washed ou and I can try and print it out a few days later and the colours are excellent (using the same ink cartridge!)

    I have tried different ink cartridges from different suppliers, and they are all original Canon ink cartridges, so I don't think it can be the ink cartridges.

    Does anybody know what can be causing it to print out most of my prints washed out?

    Thankyou in advance.

    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Dec 2011 - 1:53 PM

    Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

    rambler
    rambler e2 Member 5412 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2011 - 2:55 PM

    First of all check all the settings before you print to see if a software glitch is changing anything.

    Secondly look up the official Canon website where you will find a list of service agents. Give the one near you a call and ask for assistance, they are usually most helpful.

    Ken.

    darrensmithgbr
    10 Dec 2011 - 4:35 PM

    do you have it in a room that has large(ish) changes in temperature. I find that my epson prints differently if the heating is on in the room with my printers. I try to keep it cool in there to stop this.

    justin c
    justin c  104505 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2011 - 6:35 PM

    Has a black cartridge run out or blocked up? This can sometimes be the cause of low contrast and washed-out prints. Do a nozzle check and head clean if needed.
    Hope you get the issue resolved.

    Last Modified By justin c at 10 Dec 2011 - 6:36 PM
    janeez
    janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Dec 2011 - 1:25 AM

    Have you done all the usual nozzle checks. Cleaning, aligning etc? Always worth giving it 2 or 3 goes. Sorry if this is a bit obvious. Smile

    • «
    • 1
    • »

    Add a Comment

    You must be a member to leave a comment

    Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.