Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon Pixma ip2600 help! - Printing washed out colours 90% of time

chelle 9 77
10 Dec 2011 1:53PM
Hello all!

I have a Canon Pixma ip 2600 printer and it has worked fine for a few years now. But lately when I print out images the colours look really washed out.

This happens 90% of the time. The other 10% are fine. It is really strange. Sometimes i print a photo out and it is really washed ou and I can try and print it out a few days later and the colours are excellent (using the same ink cartridge!)

I have tried different ink cartridges from different suppliers, and they are all original Canon ink cartridges, so I don't think it can be the ink cartridges.

Does anybody know what can be causing it to print out most of my prints washed out?

Thankyou in advance.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler e2
6 477 14 England
10 Dec 2011 2:55PM
First of all check all the settings before you print to see if a software glitch is changing anything.

Secondly look up the official Canon website where you will find a list of service agents. Give the one near you a call and ask for assistance, they are usually most helpful.

Ken.
darrensmithgbr 10 228 1 England
10 Dec 2011 4:35PM
do you have it in a room that has large(ish) changes in temperature. I find that my epson prints differently if the heating is on in the room with my printers. I try to keep it cool in there to stop this.
justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
10 Dec 2011 6:35PM
Has a black cartridge run out or blocked up? This can sometimes be the cause of low contrast and washed-out prints. Do a nozzle check and head clean if needed.
Hope you get the issue resolved.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
11 Dec 2011 1:25AM
Have you done all the usual nozzle checks. Cleaning, aligning etc? Always worth giving it 2 or 3 goes. Sorry if this is a bit obvious. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.