Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon PIXMA IX6550 Printer. Do you have one?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    janeez
    janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jan 2012 - 4:17 PM

Considering getting this printer as I have a Jessops voucher and some dosh for my birthday. Has anyone got one and if so is it a good printer? I already have the A4 Pixma ip4700 which is excellent. Not bothered about how quick it is only the quality of the print.

Thanks everyone

Jane

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    6 Jan 2012 - 4:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lawbert
    lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Jan 2012 - 4:22 PM

Hello Jane

I have had this printer for about 6 months and I am very impressed with it.
    Its very sharp and the colours seem very pure and true to me..I know some will say you need 7 or 9 ink tanks in an A3+ printer but perhaps they are pro's or have money to burn.
    Its a bargain for the money and I would say go for it!!
    I buy my inks through Amazon or Ebay and if you check every few days or so theres always a cheaper price than jessops etc...the same goes for the Canon Photo Paper...especially the A3!!

All the Best

Paul

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Aug 2012 - 10:31 PM

THREAD RESURRECTION - I need a new printer, an this A3 looks interesting - Has anyone else got experience of this or other cheap recommendations. I'm looking for a good home printer that's OK for photo's and not too expensive.
    Many thanks
    Stuart

janeez
    janeez e2 Member 51147 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Aug 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hi Stuart

I didn't get one in the end but will when I have the money. I think Canon's printers are exceptionally good so if you do get one let me know how you are getting on with it.

Jane

lawbert
    lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 4:42 PM

Hello Stuart

Mine is still functioning perfectly and it truly is a bargain for the money.
    Get One!!
    Any doubts then PM me and Im happy to send you a print so you can judge for yourself.Wink

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Aug 2012 - 4:51 PM

Thanks Paul, that's recommendation enough, but thanks anyway for such a generous offer - Just pressed Buy on my Amazon wish list.

I'll let you know how it goes Jane - but Paul's sounds great Smile

Many thanks Smile

MattB1987
    MattB1987 e2 Member 2403 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
    16 Aug 2012 - 8:43 AM

I bought one of these from amazon in February for 150 and I have been amazed with the quality of the prints I print A3 and it gives faultless results with Ilford papers, plus its really economical with the inks too. Another bonus which I liked was that the inks it came with in the box were proper full inks rather than the rubbish setup cartridges you get with most printers these days.

In all I was extremely please with the printer and it only costs 45 for a full set of genuine inks which gave me about 50 full A3 prints!

Hope you enjoy you're printer you wont be disappointed.

Matt

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.