Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon Pixma Pro 100

seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
11 Jan 2013 11:56AM
Hi all
This is a new printer on the market; I'm looking to replace my old Pro9000 Mk , mainly for better B & W prints. The Pro 100 has excellent reviews, has anyone bought one and could give an opinion of its results.

TIA

Martin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 12:45PM
Well, nobody offered an opinion and so I took the plunge and bought a Pixma Pro 100. Arrived yesterday and I have done some test prints. Even without a new ICC profile yet for my preferred paper (Pinnacle Lustre) the black & white prints are a vast improvement with 3 black/grey inks. Colour prints very good but I think a new profile will make them even better.

Am I the first member to buy one of these? If so, I'll keep you posted on results from time to time.
Chant57 e2
8 391 3 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2013 3:03PM
Interested to hear your findings. I'm currently using the Pixma Pro 9500 mk II and I'm more than happy with iit, but its always good to see a ' hands on' review from a fellow member for future reference
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
9 Feb 2013 11:36AM
Quick update - the b & w prints I have made so far are stunning compared to the old Pro9000. I use Pinnacle Lustre 300gsm paper and am printing using the Adobe ICC profile as a temporary measure until I get new profiles from Pinnacle.
I find this paper as good as anything else out there (and I've tried a few) and cheaper. I do find that after printing it's best to leave the print for a few hours to allow the ink to stabilise, the blacks seem to become 'richer'.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.