Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon Pixma Pro 100

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    seahawk
    seahawk e2 Member 7540 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
    11 Jan 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hi all
    This is a new printer on the market; I'm looking to replace my old Pro9000 Mk , mainly for better B & W prints. The Pro 100 has excellent reviews, has anyone bought one and could give an opinion of its results.

TIA

Martin

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Jan 2013 - 11:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

seahawk
    6 Feb 2013 - 12:45 PM

Well, nobody offered an opinion and so I took the plunge and bought a Pixma Pro 100. Arrived yesterday and I have done some test prints. Even without a new ICC profile yet for my preferred paper (Pinnacle Lustre) the black & white prints are a vast improvement with 3 black/grey inks. Colour prints very good but I think a new profile will make them even better.

Am I the first member to buy one of these? If so, I'll keep you posted on results from time to time.

Chant57
    Chant57 e2 Member 8372 forum postsChant57 vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Feb 2013 - 3:03 PM

Interested to hear your findings. I'm currently using the Pixma Pro 9500 mk II and I'm more than happy with iit, but its always good to see a ' hands on' review from a fellow member for future reference

seahawk
    9 Feb 2013 - 11:36 AM

Quick update - the b & w prints I have made so far are stunning compared to the old Pro9000. I use Pinnacle Lustre 300gsm paper and am printing using the Adobe ICC profile as a temporary measure until I get new profiles from Pinnacle.
    I find this paper as good as anything else out there (and I've tried a few) and cheaper. I do find that after printing it's best to leave the print for a few hours to allow the ink to stabilise, the blacks seem to become 'richer'.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.