Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon Print Head

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jembo
    jembo  10104 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Nov 2011 - 7:40 PM

Hello folks - just having a bit of a moan here and wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with a printer.
    I have a Canon i560 printer that won't print. I am getting flashing lights that are telling me the print head is worn out. Only thing is, as far as I'm concerned, it's not. It has been printing fine and there is plenty of ink in all cartridges. Rather than the machine telling me I HAVE to replace the print head, I think it would be more consumer (and possibly environmentally) friendly for a pop-up warning/recommendation advising that the print head MAY need changing. As it is, I can either replace the print head (which isn't cheap), or buy a new printer.

Not happy.

Whinge over.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Nov 2011 - 7:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler
    rambler e2 Member 6469 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Nov 2011 - 8:15 PM

I just Bing-ed it and found lots of stuff that should help.

I know on older Canon printers you can remove the print head and clean it under running warm water .

Ken.

robthecamman
    12 Nov 2011 - 12:10 AM

its not wireless and lost its wireless bit isit

jembo
    jembo  10104 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Nov 2011 - 12:37 AM

@ Robthecameraman - No, as soon as I switch it on I'm getting the flashing light sequence that signifies 'printer head not installed properly or worn out'. It's installed okay, which leaves the worn out option. But just a few days ago was printing fine. So I don't understand how it can suddenly go from printing okay to worn out - surely it would be a gradual process - like brakes wearing out on a car? I've soaked it it alcohol to clear the ink out but it has made no difference.

So it's looking like a new printer may be the best option.

rogleale
    rogleale  11118 forum posts United Kingdom
    12 Nov 2011 - 8:16 AM

Hi Jembo,
    A good way to find out if the jets are actually blocked is to stand the print head on a paper, or cloth, pad soaked in alchohol or acetone for five or ten minutes. This should produce stains of various colours from the head if the jets are not actually blocked. I saved one old print head by doing this until no stains were made, meaning that the jets were completely clear, and it printed again.
    We tend to forget that there is a complicated electronic setup in our printers and this can go wrong, it sounds to me as this has happened to you. If there is a Canon repair facility near to where you live it may be worth taking it in for a repair which could be quite cheap.

Roger

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.