Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon Pro 9000 images too dark

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikeyc71
    mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
    24 Dec 2009 - 1:19 PM

I am asking this question on behalf of my father-in-law who has got a Canon Pro 9000 printer.

He is printing photographs from the Internet via Mozilla Firefox print preview and all of his images are coming out too dark. He is loosing detail in the shadow areas and this is of particular importance to him because he is an amateur painter and requires as much detail as possible.

He has tried numerous different papertypes/weights and cannot achieve consistent prints. BTW he has got a Huey Pro attached to calibrate his screen and the images come out great on his monitor, but they're just far too dark when printing.

Is there anything he can do to make his prints lighter?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Dec 2009 - 1:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    24 Dec 2009 - 1:56 PM

Printing images from the internet? (sound of copyright lawyers rubbing their hands together) Smile

Last Modified By User_Removed at 24 Dec 2009 - 1:57 PM
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 9473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2009 - 2:46 PM

On the page set up go to manual and make sure the colour brightness is set to normal and not dark.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Dec 2009 - 3:08 PM

LOL @ Barrie.....That was my first thought.....Smile

However did this myself recently, All I wanted was a tiny icle " Santa Hat " just something to stick on one of my kitty pics ( You know the sort of rubbish I'm talking about ) ....Smile

Now we are all given to the assumption that interent images are " sRGB " well thats what I thought, Anyhow found some clip art, Nice Santa hat cut out on a white background, Or so it looked.

However when overlayed onto one of my images the white background turned grey...Sad

" Simples Solution " Go to " Convert Profile " and set the options to change it to " sRGB " ( I know thats sounds odd, bare with me ) ...!

Result the background then stayed white when overlayed onto my image....Smile

Job Done, Don't ask why I have not got a clue, It just does.....!!!

Last Modified By cameracat at 24 Dec 2009 - 3:09 PM
    mikeyc71
    mikeyc71  101243 forum posts
    31 Dec 2009 - 11:31 AM

Can I change the profile in Photoshop Elements 8? If I can does it change the colours on the screen to match the colours for the profile selected so it almost prints exactly as it appears on the screen. Bear in mind my father-in-law requires a lot of detail especially in the shadow areas. When he prints some images he loses a lot of detail as it comes out a bit too dark. I am guessing that most people on here do not have calibrated monitors and this might explain why the colours do not seem right?

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.