Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon Pro Solutions 2011

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    AndyLeslie
    12 Oct 2011 - 2:56 PM

Anyone else going to this?

I've been looking at going up for the Tuesday, having registered for free I'm now searching for (reasonably priced) accommodation. If you are going and have solved this, I'd appreciate a pointer.

It'd also be good to meet some fellow EPZ'ers....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Oct 2011 - 2:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
    ikett e2 Member 3317 forum postsikett vcard England
    12 Oct 2011 - 3:25 PM

Hi went last year, very interesting, but London prices! Cost me a fortune, passing until they come away from London.

AndyLeslie
    11 Nov 2011 - 1:08 AM

As I reported elsewhere, so just to square the circle....

We attended the Canon Pro Solutions exhibition in Islington on Tuesday, when it seemed quite sparsely attended. The seminars were mostly popular with one or two looking a bit desperate to get people in.

Just a word on the queuing to get in: totally unnecessarily we were lined up in one queue whilst several lines were possible, proven shortly after by most people just walking in and avoiding the official line in. We got our badges very quickly and entered just after opening.

I had an unpleasant conversation with a chap on the Jacobs stand who was most aggressive when I questioned whether his "exhibition special" price for the 5D mk2 body was really all that "special". So much so that I walked away with the money in my pocket, to spend it elsewhere.

By contrast, we had an extremely informative chat about large format printers and their pros and cons. The Canon chappie we spoke to knew his stuff inside out and back to front, and was quite happy to chat for a half-hour or more whilst discussing inks, papers and canvas printing, profiles, photoshop plugins, power consumption and whether to leave them switch on all the time (yes).

A lot of video stuff there that I bypassed, but those stands seemed to gather a crowd.

The food was a tad expensive but not as bad as the NEC. We eventually ate at O'Neills just outside and had a really nice pint of Guinness with it, an option not available at the Business Centre.

Whilst I understand (perhaps) Canon's motives for withdrawing from Focus to stage their own exhibition, there was insufficient here to warrant my trip from Wales and (obviously) also a lack of comparison with other manufacturers that I find a valuable part of Focus.

Can't see going again. Next year I'll stick to Focus on Imaging. If Canon are there, great, if not, more fool them.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.