Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Canon Raw Codec ( 1.5 ).

ckristoff 10 942 Wales
13 Aug 2009 6:16PM
Friends,

this afternoon, I downloaded the latest versions of Canon Software for my 450D, from the Canon Europe website.

I installed the latest updates for Zoombrowser, Picture Style, Eos Utility and DPP.

However, among the list of downloads was a file called Canon Raw Codec 1.5. I haven't heard of this file, do I need it? And what would it do?

Thank you,

Frank.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

vagabond 8 38 1 Wales
13 Aug 2009 7:49PM
I think this is needed to view RAW thumbnails in Windows XP and Vista 32 bit (try looking at your photos in windows explorer, you wont see any pictures if it's not installed.)
17 Aug 2009 11:40AM
I installed the Canon RAW Codec recently on vista, and even though I have Adobe bridge & Lightroom it's quite a handy thing to have. I can simply open up the folder containing my images in windows explorer and see thumbnails.
paul011 5 1 Ireland
6 Sep 2009 3:47PM
Hi All,
I bought a 40D about two years ago and it worked ok.I bought a second for a back up but every time I use the new one it gives the fault err 99.
I see some people have the same problem. Am I better to give the camera back or to see if Canon can resolve the problem with it ??????
Paul011
Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
6 Sep 2009 4:09PM

Quote:Hi All,
I bought a 40D about two years ago and it worked ok.I bought a second for a back up but every time I use the new one it gives the fault err 99.
I see some people have the same problem. Am I better to give the camera back or to see if Canon can resolve the problem with it ??????
Paul011

Try this thread often due to a faulty shutter in a 40D but can also be many other things

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.