Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canon vs epson printers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alfpics
    alfpics  12357 forum posts England
    28 Feb 2003 - 5:49 PM

Is anyone able to give a comparison between the new Canon i850, and Epson, say 915/ 925 inkjet printers. Also any clues on comparative ink running costs of the 2 makes, please.

Thanks,

Andy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Feb 2003 - 5:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

richiev4
    richiev4  1126 forum posts
    28 Feb 2003 - 8:06 PM

Hi

I don't know whether this will help but if you are looking at the 915/925 but don't really need the card readers you could consider the Epson 830, which I have and I can't tell the difference between the prints and the original photos. It is exactly the same as the 925 except it doesn’t have the card reader and it costs less than 100. The running costs are quite high with the cost of the cartridges but bought online or if you use compatible ones you save a lot of money. If you do need the card reader then you could always go for the 830 and by an appropriate card reader for your type of memory card.

I hope this information is useful

Richie.

Anthony
    Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Mar 2003 - 12:25 AM

Hi Andy,
    I cannot say anything about either printer, but, I spoke to Les McLean at Focus on Imaging, and he showed me a print made on CANON equipment, dont know which one. The ink had faded very badly over a matter of weeks, he said. I use Epson, and always have, found them to be good. Hope this helps in some way.
    Anthony

heidi
    heidi  1269 forum posts
    2 Mar 2003 - 12:41 AM

I have both the Canon S800 and the Epson photo 895 and the quality of the prints is 100% better with the Canon. I us it for large quantities of prints and although it costs a little more to run, the prints are so perfect it is worth it. I have also had prints hanging in direct sunlight that are non Canon paper but using original inks, that have not faded in over two years. Hope this doesnt confuse you further!!!!

a2jlp
    a2jlp  11165 forum posts Scotland
    2 Mar 2003 - 8:54 PM

Heidi,

Help me please. Ive just posted an item asking if any member owns an Epson Stylus 2100. Im looking for a printer that will handle roll paper at least 10 or 12 in depth. I was coming down on the side of the Epson even though Cannon have an equivalent unit. A3 isnt critical but if Im spending big bucks I suppose I should consider it.

The trouble is Heidi, I have a Cannon S800 and Im knocked out by the quality. Ive never owned an Epson. You have experience of both, is there really a marked difference between your Cannon and the Epson given that some users rave about the Epson printer and technology?

Looking forward to your comments.

I like your work by the way, sounds like you have a nice little niche market.

Thanks.

alfpics
    alfpics  12357 forum posts England
    23 Mar 2003 - 11:59 PM

Thank you to all who replied. After much procrastination, I plumped for the Canon i850. I understand that although it only has four (individual) ink tanks, that the very small drop size enables it to achieve better photo qualityt than some printers using 6-inks. Initial impressions are very good on output quality. Its also very fast and quiet compared to the deceased Epson it has replaced!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.