Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canvas, acrylic or aluminium prints

seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 7:08PM
Apologies if this has been covered before but I'd appreciate some advice on this.

I've made a panorama of the view from the window of a friend's new conservatory and he would like it printed and hung in the conservatory. As this location is going to get very warm (sunny most of the day) I am unsure if a canvas print would stand this without fading/warping.

1. Am I worrying unnecessarily? Would an acrylic or aluminium print be better?

2. Following that, I'd appreciate recommendations for a good lab that can print up to 180 X 20cm, as there are no labs in my district (Dumfries, SW Scotland) AFAIK.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Martin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
27 Mar 2013 7:19PM
I have a few photos in my conservatory and they seem to fare ok . I have never used them yet but Loxley colour get a great name (Glasgow)

Rod
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 8:21PM
Loxley and DSCL both have good reputations - it would be worth contacting them both to get their opinion on the matter.
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2013 10:10AM
I'll check them out, thanks guys.
Railcam 8 482 Scotland
29 Mar 2013 9:42AM
I was at the Photovision Roadshow in Edinburgh on Tuesday and the Loxley stand had some stunning aluminium prints, especially the glossy finish ones. Very pricey though.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.