Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canvas

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    watsonle
    watsonle  6 United Kingdom
    9 Nov 2012 - 4:46 PM

Hi All

I've been asked for a copy of one of my pictures on canvas. What company do people recommend using? Also, do you sign your canvas prints, and if so, on the front or on the back....? This will be the first time I've had any of my pictures done on canvas and it would be interesting to know what others do.

Many thanks
    Louise

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2012 - 4:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5250 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2012 - 5:31 PM

i have alway used Zapcanvas.com and they are brilliant in my opinion and so easy to use and very professsional and reliable too i put a label on the wood surround at the back

Last Modified By sparrowhawk at 9 Nov 2012 - 5:33 PM
    gjfereday
    gjfereday  146 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Nov 2012 - 5:33 PM

I've just used Snapmad, excellent service and quality. They also have 20% off until 14th November.

dandeakin
    dandeakin  6187 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2012 - 7:48 PM

I got a pixum canvas for a POTW a few months ago. Its very high quality and I wouldn't hesitate getting another one from them next time I need a canvas...

javam
    javam  91083 forum posts United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2012 - 8:44 PM

I was a bit disappointed by the pixum ones myself. Very lightweight compared to the old POTW supplier - photoartistry? Although I did go for two smaller ones rather than one large so not sure if that was a factor.

If I was spending my own money I would call Judith at fresh pixel design.

User_Removed
    9 Nov 2012 - 10:48 PM

I use canvas that Lidl occasionally have in stock at a little over £5 for a 10xA2 pad. It is designed for painting but takes inkjet photographic printing brilliantly.

Just one wee point to watch - it is only primed on one side, so be sure to use it the right way round.

puertouk
    puertouk  21012 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Nov 2012 - 12:36 PM

Get it done professionally. I use Whitewall in the UK

User_Removed
    10 Nov 2012 - 12:47 PM

Quote: Get it done professionally. I use Whitewall in the UK

If you don't want anything more than mediocre results, don't get any pride from your own work, are happy to relinquish final control over the processes to a third party, have money to splash around and are not concerned about time delays, then that is good advice. From what I hear, Whitewall is one of the better commercial photo-finishers.

On the other hand, if you want the very best quality, take a pride in being a true amateur photographer who enjoys having complete control of the process from start to finish, and don't want to accept the inevitable compromises involved in using any so-called "professionals", then do it yourself. Immensely satisfying.

As with everything else in our wonderful hobby, it is horses for courses, different strokes for different folks and many similar inane clichés.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 10 Nov 2012 - 12:48 PM
    jeanie
    jeanie e2 Member 105967 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Nov 2012 - 12:47 PM

Another vote for Photoartistry or Judith, as Neil suggested above. I have never signed a canvas, personally.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.