Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canvas

watsonle 6 9 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2012 4:46PM
Hi All

I've been asked for a copy of one of my pictures on canvas. What company do people recommend using? Also, do you sign your canvas prints, and if so, on the front or on the back....? This will be the first time I've had any of my pictures done on canvas and it would be interesting to know what others do.

Many thanks
Louise

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2012 5:31PM
i have alway used Zapcanvas.com and they are brilliant in my opinion and so easy to use and very professsional and reliable too i put a label on the wood surround at the back
gjfereday 2 46 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2012 5:33PM
I've just used Snapmad, excellent service and quality. They also have 20% off until 14th November.
dandeakin 7 207 3 England
9 Nov 2012 7:48PM
I got a pixum canvas for a POTW a few months ago. Its very high quality and I wouldn't hesitate getting another one from them next time I need a canvas...
javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2012 8:44PM
I was a bit disappointed by the pixum ones myself. Very lightweight compared to the old POTW supplier - photoartistry? Although I did go for two smaller ones rather than one large so not sure if that was a factor.

If I was spending my own money I would call Judith at fresh pixel design.
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
9 Nov 2012 10:48PM
I use canvas that Lidl occasionally have in stock at a little over £5 for a 10xA2 pad. It is designed for painting but takes inkjet photographic printing brilliantly.

Just one wee point to watch - it is only primed on one side, so be sure to use it the right way round.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 12:36PM
Get it done professionally. I use Whitewall in the UK
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
10 Nov 2012 12:47PM

Quote:Get it done professionally. I use Whitewall in the UK

If you don't want anything more than mediocre results, don't get any pride from your own work, are happy to relinquish final control over the processes to a third party, have money to splash around and are not concerned about time delays, then that is good advice. From what I hear, Whitewall is one of the better commercial photo-finishers.

On the other hand, if you want the very best quality, take a pride in being a true amateur photographer who enjoys having complete control of the process from start to finish, and don't want to accept the inevitable compromises involved in using any so-called "professionals", then do it yourself. Immensely satisfying.

As with everything else in our wonderful hobby, it is horses for courses, different strokes for different folks and many similar inane clichés.

jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2012 12:47PM
Another vote for Photoartistry or Judith, as Neil suggested above. I have never signed a canvas, personally.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.