Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canvas Print Recommendations Please ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jan 2013 - 1:05 AM

Has anyone used Photobox for canvas prints? They've got an offer on at the mo, but I'd like to get an opinion before diving in. Cheers, Goggz

Last Modified By Goggz at 23 Jan 2013 - 1:05 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Jan 2013 - 1:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

billydo
billydo e2 Member 1178 forum postsbillydo vcard United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 - 9:52 AM

Don't waste your money with Photobox.... they are exceptionally quick to serve but quality is really pants.....

Try Simlab instead.... great value and quality. http://www.simlab.co.uk/index

Neal.

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jan 2013 - 10:43 AM

THanks Neal. I've had a canvas done by printerpix which is OK but took quite a while to arrive, however they don't seem to do the size I really want as standard, that's why I'm looking. The customer wants to hang it in her bathroom, so are there any recommendations about that? Should it have some sort of coating to protect it or would the humidity play havoc...

billydo
billydo e2 Member 1178 forum postsbillydo vcard United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 - 1:22 PM

Canvas for a bathroom... If I were you I think I'd check with the supplier first before ordering. You don't want to end up with problems further down the road.

Goggz
23 Jan 2013 - 7:52 PM

Hmmm, I think I'll ask Jakabout for an opinion... thanks for your help all!

eniatapa
eniatapa  1 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 - 10:29 AM

I would't use a canvas for the bathroom. Have you looked at acrylic prints? FotoInsight offer a direct UV-on-print onto a polished acrylic laminate which works well and looks good in wet rooms.

Goggz
29 Jan 2013 - 5:07 PM

thanks for that eniatapa, an interesting option.

I've been reliably informed that polyester canvas and a waterproof coat over the ink will make it OK for bathroom use.

Goggz
23 Feb 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just a heads-up.

I finally decided & got a canvas done via Judi (Jakabout).

Very competitively priced, delivered speedily and beautifully crafted.

I know where my first port of call will be if I need a canvas printed again. Highly recommended Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.