Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Canvas Print Recommendations Please ?

Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
23 Jan 2013 1:05AM
Has anyone used Photobox for canvas prints? They've got an offer on at the mo, but I'd like to get an opinion before diving in. Cheers, Goggz

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

billydo e2
11 78 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 9:52AM
Don't waste your money with Photobox.... they are exceptionally quick to serve but quality is really pants.....

Try Simlab instead.... great value and quality. http://www.simlab.co.uk/index

Neal.
Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
23 Jan 2013 10:43AM
THanks Neal. I've had a canvas done by printerpix which is OK but took quite a while to arrive, however they don't seem to do the size I really want as standard, that's why I'm looking. The customer wants to hang it in her bathroom, so are there any recommendations about that? Should it have some sort of coating to protect it or would the humidity play havoc...
billydo e2
11 78 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 1:22PM
Canvas for a bathroom... If I were you I think I'd check with the supplier first before ordering. You don't want to end up with problems further down the road.
Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
23 Jan 2013 7:52PM
Hmmm, I think I'll ask Jakabout for an opinion... thanks for your help all!
eniatapa 1 1 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2013 10:29AM
I would't use a canvas for the bathroom. Have you looked at acrylic prints? FotoInsight offer a direct UV-on-print onto a polished acrylic laminate which works well and looks good in wet rooms.
Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
29 Jan 2013 5:07PM
thanks for that eniatapa, an interesting option.

I've been reliably informed that polyester canvas and a waterproof coat over the ink will make it OK for bathroom use.
Goggz 7 2.3k 72 Wales
23 Feb 2013 12:01AM
Just a heads-up.

I finally decided & got a canvas done via Judi (Jakabout).

Very competitively priced, delivered speedily and beautifully crafted.

I know where my first port of call will be if I need a canvas printed again. Highly recommended Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.