Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Canvas Printing ?? Where is best and why?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: spam magnet
    debs
    debs  11176 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Jun 2010 - 11:42 PM

Hi,
    There seems to be a large number of canvas printing companies these days.

Has anyone got any experience of good ones. Also, is it recommended to have a protection coat put on the canvas?

I am looking to print a couple of large 1 metre squire with white bordered edge, of the Ganges at Sunrise in India and some nature ones, e.g. close up of a dandelion head and a small selection of small e..gg 8 inch x 8 inc roughly group of 'faces' shot in India .. grouped together on a wall.

I am not a pro by any means, but just one good quality reasonably priced canvas prints for my house !!

Your experience and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Debs

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jun 2010 - 11:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sut68
    sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2010 - 11:50 PM

Have a look here, company run by our very own Judi Kruger (Jakabout).

Last Modified By sut68 at 5 Jun 2010 - 11:50 PM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014066 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jun 2010 - 11:53 PM

Quote: Have a look here, company run by our very own Judi Kruger (Jakabout).

Cant argue with that, she has done me some great canvases.

minniema
    minniema  548 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Jun 2010 - 1:52 PM

Lucy Art are supposed to be good, not used them myself but had them recommended to me and seen a finished product which was cracking.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2010 - 1:55 PM

I'll 3rd Judi and FreshPixelDesign, she does all my printing for PhotoDimension and I have never had a single complaint from a customer.

Ian

bob101
    bob101  4
    12 Jun 2010 - 10:10 AM

HOW TO CHOOSE A QUALITY PIECE OF CANVAS ART

Lets face it we’ve all been there look at web sites that sell canvas art and bought the cheapest one going and when it get to your door you open it up and find its not worth the money you paid for it . The canvas is cheap thin polyester the image has little or no detail and the frame is made out of batten which you can pick up from any builders merchants ,and when you hang it on the wall its warp or it warps after about 3 weeks L

There are 3 things you need to check out before you come to a decision which canvas printing company you will get your art work from .This is my quick guide hope it helps

(1) What sort of pictuer you would like on the canvas (i.e.) do you want a run of the mill stock image ,we’ve all seen them, new York cityscapes ,London eye or pop, art which are on most canvas art sites , or would you like a unique image or may be a pictuer you have taken…

(2) What quality will the print be .The only way your really going to know this is to look at all the different web site . I’ve look at lots and lots and the one thing I can say is they are so alike, all selling the run of the mill stock images for about for £20. What they don’t say is what materials they use and what ppi they print at, this plays a big part in the quality of the print .

(3) As for the ppi the greater the number the better 300ppi is ideal for a great looking print this will give loads of image detail on the canvas even when viewed up close ..you get what you pay forSmile))

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 12 Jun 2010 - 10:12 AM
    Fishnet
    Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jun 2010 - 3:57 PM

I've just had a request for a large canvas of one of my photos and have just checked out Pixtrix, they sound very good.

kaybee
    kaybee  103772 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jun 2010 - 4:05 PM

Another vote for Judi and Pixtrix from me

SamLS
    SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
    5 Aug 2010 - 3:09 PM

OK, I need a 24" square canvas and that's bigger than Judi can do.

Loxely and One Vision are just stoopidly expensive. Lisergy's phone number is dead and their web site "contact us" doesn't work. From there on there seems to be a 1000 companies all broadly around the same (fairly cheapish) price and nothing to convince you about their quality.

So, any suggestions for a realistic priced company that will do a fairly good quality job?

Cheers

Sam

bob101
    bob101  4
    28 Oct 2010 - 2:32 PM

hi sam have a look here Smile

elizabethmay
    7 Feb 2011 - 11:21 AM

AnneHerbert.Com do a good job for me! www.anneherbert.com

Tandberg
    Tandberg  111218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2011 - 11:27 AM

AnneHerbert.Com
    tried their free 10x8 test print but never recieved it

So that put me off any future order with them even tho i recieved an email telling me that it was ordered

Last Modified By Tandberg at 7 Feb 2011 - 11:28 AM
    NitroNori
    NitroNori  4 United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2011 - 11:53 AM

I had a canvas print of a photo of one of my dogs done that I was really pleased with. It was done by a photographer at Armadale on the Isle of Skye (grumpygeorge) I e-mailed the file up and he suggested a slight tweak to the contrast and then produced me a 12in x 18in on a frame and treated for about £45 as I remember, and it was BRILLIANT as I was going up there for a holiday I picked it up from him and I cannot speak highly enough of him or his service.
    Robert

Picture_Newport

We use these , straight forward pricing, very helpful and the quality is excellent.

Paul

Last Modified By Picture_Newport at 7 Feb 2011 - 11:58 AM
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: spam magnet