Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Capture one thumbnail colours

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    fishiee
    fishiee  10460 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Jul 2007 - 10:58 PM

Hi,

I'm sure I've seen this talked about on the forum but couldn't find it again for love nor money!

In Capture one (LE) the first time I preview images from my 30D the thumbnail colours are bright and vivid. As soon as I click on them they switch to washed out rather dull images which are then reflected in the full sized image. Why is this and how do I retain those vivid colours?

I am guessing that somewhere I need to turn on an option to retain in-camera colour adjustments?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Jul 2007 - 10:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sabreur
    Sabreur  9767 forum posts England
    4 Jul 2007 - 11:55 PM

Quote: I am guessing that somewhere I need to turn on an option to retain in-camera colour adjustments?

In camera colour adjustments won't make any difference, as they won't be applied to raw files.

Have you got the right settings in C1's Color Management Settings? e.g the right camera selected.

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014023 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Jul 2007 - 5:52 AM

Make sure you have colour management (one of the buttons up the top) on & the right camera selected in the colour management settings.

skeletor
    skeletor  101643 forum posts England
    5 Jul 2007 - 9:57 AM

what you are seeing initially are the embedded jpgs. These will have been created using in-camera settings, these are what that you see on your camera's LCD. It can take a second or two to generate the RAW previews, these will most likely look flatter as they have had no in-camera processing applied.

Most converters have a preset function, so you could create a preset with increased saturation, contrast etc and apply to all images.

Steve

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.