Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Car charger for a D300

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jennialexander
    jennialexander e2 Member 943 forum postsjennialexander vcard United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2008 - 9:09 AM

Does anybody know of one. My husband and I are fortunate to be going to Botswana and whilst we will have a lot of batteries we don't want to be left with no power in the bush.
    Jenni Alexander

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2008 - 9:09 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    22 Jun 2008 - 9:16 AM

Sorted.

I have the D200 version (i.e. EN-EL3e battery)... Enjoy the trip!

Last Modified By User_Removed at 22 Jun 2008 - 9:17 AM
    justin c
    justin c  104504 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2008 - 9:27 AM

A good option IMO is a power invertor which can be purchased relatively cheaply (about 30) from any decent motor accessory shop.
    Just plug it into your car's cigarette lighter and then plug what ever you want to, into that. A lot more versatile than just having a camera charger.
    I wouldn't be without one when travelling and use one daily for camera batteries, flashgun batteries, portable storage device, etc, etc, etc.

jennialexander
    jennialexander e2 Member 943 forum postsjennialexander vcard United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2008 - 9:30 AM

Thanks for that fellows. Very helpful

mark_delta
    22 Jun 2008 - 10:34 AM

Quote: A good option IMO is a power inverter

No it's not a good Idea !
    Its a brilliant one, Why buy new gadgets when you can just plug your own in !

agoreira
    agoreira  106001 forum posts Wales
    22 Jun 2008 - 10:42 AM

You can get an idea of specs and prices of the inverters here.

loweskid
    loweskid  122042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2008 - 11:20 AM

Uniross Universal Li-Ion battery charger with both mains and car adaptors - 25.94 from batterylogic.

Edit - it doesn't list the EN-EL3e battery (D300) but I can assure you it will work. I have a D300 and I used this charger in the car for two months in New Zealand. If you won't need the mains unit it weighs a lot less than an inverter unit.

Last Modified By loweskid at 22 Jun 2008 - 11:26 AM
    User_Removed
    22 Jun 2008 - 11:30 AM

Quote: going to Botswana

Just be sure you understand the power (wattage) requirements you need before going down this route. Botswana=hot to me (Wink) so by the time you add the 'fridge etc etc...

The 12vDC items I am suggesting actually charge the batteries faster than the standard Nikon charger - and on my D200, the EN-EL3e's seem to last longer too. Smile

samfurlong
    22 Jun 2008 - 12:27 PM

I use an inverter all the time for my chargers / phone /laptop /pda etc.. so I had an upgraded battery installed in my car and got the inverter wired directly in to the cars circuitry rather than going through the cigarette lighter. This has 2 advantages, firstly your cigarette lighter is freed up so if you're charging something on the inverter you can still plug the tomtom into the lighter, secondly by wiring the inverter directly into the car it can sustain much higher output because it bypasses the relatively low power circuitry of the lighter (obviously before doing this make sure the cars electronics can support it without blowing all your fuses.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214393 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2008 - 7:00 PM

Netto were selling inverters for 15 each.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.