Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Car nicked

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 11:56 AM

Got back from a really lovely wedding I did yesterday on a real high (02/08/08) to my car and gone !! Nothing just an empty space; so if anyone sees a BMW Series 3 Saloon in Topaz Blue ( a mid metallic blue) LJ52HBK it's mine!
Peter.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Aug 2008 - 11:56 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mark_delta
3 Aug 2008 - 12:01 PM

Thought they had a transducer key system ? if so it must be a car ringing group or highly organised crooks that have taken it, where was it nicked from, plenty of eyes on here !

redstag
redstag e2 Member 8100 forum postsredstag vcard United Kingdom14 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 12:10 PM

No doubt they will change the reg plate, but may not change the VIN it is harder to do.
If you have to replace the car (if it isn't recovered) make sure you run a car history check on the new one. In my job I hear about so many scams from ringing and cloning cars to paper cars that don't really exist. (I work for HPI).
If they just try and flog it, then hopefully the person buying will run a check which will find it.
I sincerely hope you get it back. Keep us up to date.

Jon

Kris_Dutson
3 Aug 2008 - 12:10 PM

Sorry to hear that Peter, I hope there's some good news for you soon.

sketch
sketch  71469 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 - 12:21 PM

Oh bless ya, thats terrible news Peter

sarah x

peterjones
peterjones e2 Member 123934 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 12:23 PM

Many thanks for all your replies; they really do help; I thought it was a good idea to put it on here and I was right Smile
The car was taken from Chesham Bois (near Amersham, Bucks) between 10.30am and 10.30pm on Saturday 2nd August.
Btw what is a transducer key system?
I will keep you up to date; I told the police last night and my insurance co. have logged the claim but can't process until Mon am
Thanks again, Peter

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 12:48 PM

You'll probably find out a private clamping company pounced on it as soon as you were out of sight and towed it away!!!! I hope that's the case anyway, if it was nicked then perhaps you'll never seen it in one piece again!! Sad

v8dunc
v8dunc  7333 forum posts Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 12:50 PM

The key has a microchip in it which "talks" to the car.It is almost impossible to start the car without a key,you need to reprogramme another key for that car,usually a dealership job.Chances are they used a car transporter and uplifted the car.
Hope you get it sorted
Cheers Duncan

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 1:20 PM

Good luck getting it back!

User_Removed
3 Aug 2008 - 2:10 PM

B******ds.

Good luck with it's recovery Peter.

peterjones
3 Aug 2008 - 2:53 PM

This afternoon my son and I revisited the area to ask around and see if anyone had spotted anything unusual; driving along looked down one side turning and yes you have guessed; there was my car smirking at me.
How stupid I feel ..... not only having told friends and now retracting; the police station found it highly amusing when I phoned to cancel the crime; the only mitigation is that it was dark with little street lighting and knackered after a long wedding.
I do apologise to you all and many many thanks for your sympathy and replies.

Kind regards, Peter.

PS The car is still smirking at me outside my house.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 3:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHAHHAA!!!!! oH, that is hilarious!!!!!! You've really made my day!! GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

I am so glad you've got your car back - you will NEVER live this down!!!!

rowarrior
rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2008 - 3:29 PM

ROFL, well at least it came home quietly with you!

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 - 3:43 PM

I think the word you're looking for here is 'oops!' Grin

peterjones
3 Aug 2008 - 3:49 PM

oooooops is a massive understatement; what's the symbol for a bright red face cos that's what i have?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.