Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Car nicked

peterjones 12 4.0k 1 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 11:56AM
Got back from a really lovely wedding I did yesterday on a real high (02/08/08) to my car and gone !! Nothing just an empty space; so if anyone sees a BMW Series 3 Saloon in Topaz Blue ( a mid metallic blue) LJ52HBK it's mine!
Peter.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mark_delta 7 1.3k
3 Aug 2008 12:01PM
Thought they had a transducer key system ? if so it must be a car ringing group or highly organised crooks that have taken it, where was it nicked from, plenty of eyes on here !
redstag e2
9 100 14 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 12:10PM
No doubt they will change the reg plate, but may not change the VIN it is harder to do.
If you have to replace the car (if it isn't recovered) make sure you run a car history check on the new one. In my job I hear about so many scams from ringing and cloning cars to paper cars that don't really exist. (I work for HPI).
If they just try and flog it, then hopefully the person buying will run a check which will find it.
I sincerely hope you get it back. Keep us up to date.

Jon
Kris_Dutson 12 8.2k 1 England
3 Aug 2008 12:10PM
Sorry to hear that Peter, I hope there's some good news for you soon.
sketch 7 1.5k United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 12:21PM
Oh bless ya, thats terrible news Peter

sarah x
3 Aug 2008 12:23PM
Many thanks for all your replies; they really do help; I thought it was a good idea to put it on here and I was right Smile
The car was taken from Chesham Bois (near Amersham, Bucks) between 10.30am and 10.30pm on Saturday 2nd August.
Btw what is a transducer key system?
I will keep you up to date; I told the police last night and my insurance co. have logged the claim but can't process until Mon am
Thanks again, Peter
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
3 Aug 2008 12:48PM
You'll probably find out a private clamping company pounced on it as soon as you were out of sight and towed it away!!!! I hope that's the case anyway, if it was nicked then perhaps you'll never seen it in one piece again!! Sad
v8dunc 7 333 4 Scotland
3 Aug 2008 12:50PM
The key has a microchip in it which "talks" to the car.It is almost impossible to start the car without a key,you need to reprogramme another key for that car,usually a dealership job.Chances are they used a car transporter and uplifted the car.
Hope you get it sorted
Cheers Duncan
rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
3 Aug 2008 1:20PM
Good luck getting it back!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
3 Aug 2008 2:10PM
B******ds.

Good luck with it's recovery Peter.
3 Aug 2008 2:53PM
This afternoon my son and I revisited the area to ask around and see if anyone had spotted anything unusual; driving along looked down one side turning and yes you have guessed; there was my car smirking at me.
How stupid I feel ..... not only having told friends and now retracting; the police station found it highly amusing when I phoned to cancel the crime; the only mitigation is that it was dark with little street lighting and knackered after a long wedding.
I do apologise to you all and many many thanks for your sympathy and replies.

Kind regards, Peter.

PS The car is still smirking at me outside my house.
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
3 Aug 2008 3:23PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHAHHAA!!!!! oH, that is hilarious!!!!!! You've really made my day!! GrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

I am so glad you've got your car back - you will NEVER live this down!!!!
rowarrior 6 4.4k 9 Scotland
3 Aug 2008 3:29PM
ROFL, well at least it came home quietly with you!
dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
3 Aug 2008 3:43PM
I think the word you're looking for here is 'oops!' Grin
3 Aug 2008 3:49PM
oooooops is a massive understatement; what's the symbol for a bright red face cos that's what i have?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.