Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Carphone buys out Tiscali

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123964 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2009 - 1:59 PM

subject to various approvals I read that Carphone have bought Tiscali; one of the reasons that Tiscali have been in trouble is that customers have left in droves due to their appalling after sales service.
    Are Talk Talk any better with after sales service?
    Peter.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 May 2009 - 1:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cambirder
    cambirder  107202 forum posts England
    8 May 2009 - 2:14 PM

Quote: Are Talk Talk any better with after sales service?

No

Kris_Dutson
    8 May 2009 - 2:16 PM

They're all talk, talk apparently. Wink

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72365 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    8 May 2009 - 2:58 PM

I have to agree, im with talk talk and although the internet service they provide has improved massively compared to when they first introduced the free internet, if you do get problems, good luck.

There is nothing more frustrating than having problems with the internet, talking to someone who barely understands english, reading off a screen, and doesn't comprehend your answers or problems.

peterjones
    peterjones e2 Member 123964 forum postspeterjones vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2009 - 3:04 PM

same after sales service as Tiscali then .... great!

carrot_heid
    8 May 2009 - 4:13 PM

I got 100 compensation from Tiscali (via CISAS adjudication) after they overcharged me every month, then threatened me with a debt collector, making 10p a minute on phone calls that took me 15 mins on hold to get through to someone. I am now with o2 broadband which is very fast.... they are brilliant and I never have any problems. I get 8MB broadband for 7.50 a month because I have a 10 a month simplicity mobile deal with them. I would never go elsewhere since I have had the pleasure of being O2. This extends to a 0800 free to contact excellent customer service. Top marks to O2.

Last Modified By carrot_heid at 8 May 2009 - 4:15 PM
    f8
    f8  119169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2009 - 4:44 PM

Quote: I have to agree, im with talk talk and although the internet service they provide has improved massively compared to when they first introduced the free internet, if you do get problems, good luck.

There is nothing more frustrating than having problems with the internet, talking to someone who barely understands english, reading off a screen, and doesn't comprehend your answers or problems.

I concur there.

peterjones
    8 May 2009 - 4:51 PM

A wealthy friend of mine took Tiscali to court and successfully sued them for damages and 2000 for transgressing their own t&c .

To digress: I love being threatened with debt collecting agencies; you have so much on your side as a consumer in law that you can really tie DCAs up in knots particularly as they are so incompetent and have the collective intelligence of a gnat; one of them was after my son; in a few days I will have them on the wrong side of the law. They totally rely on the fear factor however .....

Never be frightened of DCAs; there is so much info on the internet as to how to deal with them; PM me if you like.

Sorry for the rant and digression.

Peter.

Last Modified By peterjones at 8 May 2009 - 4:53 PM
    Kris_Dutson
    8 May 2009 - 7:48 PM

Just received this email;

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT PIPEX UK

Dear Customer

We are pleased to inform you that Tiscali Group has today reached an agreement with TalkTalk (the wholly owned subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse Group PLC) for the sale of Tiscali's UK operations (this includes the brands Pipex, Nildram and Freedom2Surf) to TalkTalk. The agreement is expected to complete in the next few weeks.

We are delighted to become part of the TalkTalk Group, all Tiscali customers will increasingly benefit from an innovative business that has consistently championed best value and award winning customer service.

We would like to re-assure you that all your services and products continue as normal and without interruption and importantly the continuation of your existing email addresses.

To find out more information and to answer any of your questions please go to www.talktalk.co.uk/tiscali/

Kind regards,

The Pipex Team

We'll see......

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    8 May 2009 - 7:51 PM

Yes I just got the same email Kris...fingers very firmly crossed

Kris_Dutson
    8 May 2009 - 8:06 PM

Very crossed - they (Pipex/Tiscali) 'lost' two of my email aliases a year ago and still can't sort it.

peterjones
    9 May 2009 - 12:14 AM

I wonder what awards they won for customer service?

carrot_heid
    9 May 2009 - 8:50 AM

Quote: I wonder what awards they won for customer service?

If there was an award for overcharging and unjustifiably threatening people with debt collectors they would win that.

peterjones
    9 May 2009 - 9:09 AM

as I said never be frightened of DCAs any fool with a computer and 200 to spare can set up as a DCA; they don't have any more rights over you than you have over them.

carrot_heid
    9 May 2009 - 7:00 PM

I'm not Smile . I had them phone me regarding a dispute some years ago and invited them to take me to court if they wanted. They didn't because they didn't have a leg to stand on

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.