Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Carry on luggage back pack

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62450 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
5 Nov 2009 - 5:07 PM

Quote: The Jacob's website has a new Leeds store, 82, Albion Street
Leeds

Good news - it is probably 5 years since they closed the old Leeds store - I guess after Harvey Nic's opened opposite the old shop the rent went through the roof.
Digressing forums like this can help as even if one is in stock I drive 20 miles to Ripon, then get the 36 bus (OAP so free after 9.30) for the 25 mile journey to Leeds.
The days of a well stocked camera shop in small towns has long since gone.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Nov 2009 - 5:07 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62450 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
13 Nov 2009 - 6:37 PM

Thanks for the Jacobs Leeds suggestion - they have slipped back into Leeds under my radar.
The shop is large and well stocked, including the Nikon 85mm f1.4.
When I rang they reported the 2 big "carry on" back packs in stock.
I drove over with 15 KG of gear and the very knowledgeable manager cleared a corner of the shop for me to try the bags.
I ended up buying the Airport Addicted and the Airport Acceleration at a decent discount off already keen prices.
Digressing Jacobs also had both wheeled versions in stock.
As it was a quiet mid week afternoon one of the staff helped carry my equipment to the car.
Jacobs Leeds are certainly worth a visit with a rare blend of excellent service and keen prices.
Comparing Think Tank to my worn out Lowepro Photo Trekker the Think Tank are a squarer more innovative design well suited to air travel and reasonable back packing - I would put the Lowepro ahead for back packing in isolation
The Think Tank provide good protection with less weight - though the web reports of a useless lap top compartment snap lock are true. The slightest pressure (perhaps some-one putting another bag in an aircraft luggage rack) causes it to spring open.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.