Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Carry on luggage back pack

5 Nov 2009 5:07PM

Quote:The Jacob's website has a new Leeds store, 82, Albion Street
Leeds

Good news - it is probably 5 years since they closed the old Leeds store - I guess after Harvey Nic's opened opposite the old shop the rent went through the roof.
Digressing forums like this can help as even if one is in stock I drive 20 miles to Ripon, then get the 36 bus (OAP so free after 9.30) for the 25 mile journey to Leeds.
The days of a well stocked camera shop in small towns has long since gone.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Nov 2009 6:37PM
Thanks for the Jacobs Leeds suggestion - they have slipped back into Leeds under my radar.
The shop is large and well stocked, including the Nikon 85mm f1.4.
When I rang they reported the 2 big "carry on" back packs in stock.
I drove over with 15 KG of gear and the very knowledgeable manager cleared a corner of the shop for me to try the bags.
I ended up buying the Airport Addicted and the Airport Acceleration at a decent discount off already keen prices.
Digressing Jacobs also had both wheeled versions in stock.
As it was a quiet mid week afternoon one of the staff helped carry my equipment to the car.
Jacobs Leeds are certainly worth a visit with a rare blend of excellent service and keen prices.
Comparing Think Tank to my worn out Lowepro Photo Trekker the Think Tank are a squarer more innovative design well suited to air travel and reasonable back packing - I would put the Lowepro ahead for back packing in isolation
The Think Tank provide good protection with less weight - though the web reports of a useless lap top compartment snap lock are true. The slightest pressure (perhaps some-one putting another bag in an aircraft luggage rack) causes it to spring open.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.