Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Carrying Two Cameras

KathyW 11 1.8k 12 Norfolk Island
23 Nov 2011 7:43PM
Any ideas on the best way to carry two fairly hefty cameras with even heftier lenses attached without getting a pain in the neck? Any recommendations for straps etc? I don't like hanging cameras off my shoulders in case they slide off, plus it gets painful after a while... but kind of fed up with having to keep putting cameras down then picking them up again. I wouldn't mind so much if I could bend my knees or my back! Tongue
Thanks,
Kathy.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Nov 2011 7:48PM
Sell them both and get two smaller lighter camera`s.
23 Nov 2011 7:56PM
But they'll still bash against each other if I carry them both around my neck at the same time... Tongue
Eastlands e2
4 684 3 Northern Ireland
23 Nov 2011 7:59PM
The perfect support and carrying equipment is called "the wife" Wink
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
23 Nov 2011 8:02PM
I just use a plain shoulder bag, they slip in and out quickly.

Its just a basic bog standard man bag from fat face, no dividers nothing Smile

Quote:The perfect support and carrying equipment is called "the wife"

Yep maybe Kathy should just dump the stuff on the other half Smile
whipspeed e2
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
23 Nov 2011 8:03PM
Have you tried the black rapid straps Kathy? I've got the one shaped for ladies and they are really good. I suffer with back and neck pain, but not with them.
darrensmithgbr 10 238 1 England
23 Nov 2011 8:03PM
i use a wide neoprene strap for my slrs, they are far more comfortable than the canvas strap (mine are made by optech), they are adjustable and you can have one camera higher than the other quite easily and even join the two straps together to make a daisy chain of cameras!
23 Nov 2011 8:05PM
micro trecker rucksack
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
I was going to answer, until I read "without getting a pain in the neck?".

I often carry my 5D with 24-70 and my 40D with 100-400. A pain in the neck is pretty much guaranteed (I use individual optech straps).

I reckon the black rapid ones would be best. I find the pain usually comes from hunching my shoulders trying to keep both sides from slipping off.
Stuart463 e2
7 588 United Kingdom
Black Rapid is what I use

Stuart
23 Nov 2011 8:09PM
Hi kathy
Check out spider holster system they produce a two camera rig. I have a single can't recommend it enough
JB
23 Nov 2011 8:15PM
2-b1.jpg

LOWEPRO MICRO TREKER 1001-b2.jpg

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
23 Nov 2011 8:24PM
LOL!!! Just replied to your post in 'The Other Place' without reading this Kathy!!

Take a peek at the Lowepro 'Slingshot' series... Certainly 'food for thought' IMO.

Wink
23 Nov 2011 8:56PM
Thanks for all your suggestions - most helpful Smile

Unfortuantely "the wife" is usually carrying his own kit Tongue

I already have optech straps (brilliant for just one camera) but have the same problem as Bri - ouch... The rucksack is fine for carrying the cameras until you want to use one in a hurry. Same with any kind of bag really... I love my rucksack for landscaping etc but at events I find it a bit of a pain, specially if I'm wearing a bulky coat or dressed smartly (yes, it has been known to happen Wink) Tennis elbow prevents me from carrying one camera in my hand for any length of time (I know, pathetic, isn't it?).

The Black Rapid straps would seem to be very popular - I had been looking at them but the price put me off, so I reckon that is one for the Christmas list!

The spider holster? I'd not heard of that. Thank you for the tip JB, I'll look it up.

Thanks all

Kathy
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
23 Nov 2011 9:41PM
This might worth a look Kathy, I have one when I sometimes carry two cameras, they ain't cheap mind....More details Here

Ade

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.