Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Castlerigg

mikesmith e2
10 45 35 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2011 6:48PM
Hi folks

off up to the Lakes for a few days and wonder if anyone had any points of view about......Castlerigg at this time of year....sunrise or sunset????

Thanks in anticipation

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LindaD3x e2
10 197 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2011 8:17PM
Don't think me and my man have done castlerigg but we love it up there... Totally spoilt for choice picture wise.

Really jealous Wink enjoy
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
24 Apr 2011 8:49PM
Sunrise would be my preference for Castlerigg Mike. Looks like it should be rising towards Penrith. Sunset is possible too, but I think the view that direction is less dramatic.
mikesmith e2
10 45 35 United Kingdom
24 Apr 2011 10:09PM
Sunrise it is then. Thanks Paul
25 Apr 2011 8:00AM
Just come back from Castlerigg, I was there at 4:45am. Awesome place many inspiring places to shoot.
mikesmith e2
10 45 35 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2011 8:04AM
The things we do for phtogoraphy. Looks like I'm not going to get much sleep over the next few daysSad
You might find this useful. I believe there's an app for it now.
28 Apr 2011 1:09AM
Sunrise is good but can get very harsh very quick so be ready and pick your spot wisely.
stevie e2
11 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
28 Apr 2011 6:52AM
Sunrise is best in my opinion. Also, after the sun has got a bit too high at Castlerigg there is still time to drop down to Keswick and shoot along the East bank of Derwentwater for about half an hour and after that if you continue down Borrowdale and on to Buttermere, you can catch some very good light there a little later on, all in the same morning.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.