Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Castlerigg

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2011 - 6:48 PM

Hi folks

off up to the Lakes for a few days and wonder if anyone had any points of view about......Castlerigg at this time of year....sunrise or sunset????

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Apr 2011 - 6:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

LindaD3x
    LindaD3x  10197 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Apr 2011 - 8:17 PM

Don't think me and my man have done castlerigg but we love it up there... Totally spoilt for choice picture wise.

Really jealous Wink enjoy

sut68
    sut68 e2 Member 111998 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2011 - 8:49 PM

Sunrise would be my preference for Castlerigg Mike. Looks like it should be rising towards Penrith. Sunset is possible too, but I think the view that direction is less dramatic.

mikesmith
    mikesmith e2 Member 1045 forum postsmikesmith vcard United Kingdom35 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2011 - 10:09 PM

Sunrise it is then. Thanks Paul

Bulldog1147
    25 Apr 2011 - 8:00 AM

Just come back from Castlerigg, I was there at 4:45am. Awesome place many inspiring places to shoot.

mikesmith
    25 Apr 2011 - 8:04 AM

The things we do for phtogoraphy. Looks like I'm not going to get much sleep over the next few daysSad

aftertherain
    25 Apr 2011 - 8:55 AM

You might find this useful. I believe there's an app for it now.

fusion2011
    28 Apr 2011 - 1:09 AM

Sunrise is good but can get very harsh very quick so be ready and pick your spot wisely.

stevie
    stevie e2 Member 101198 forum postsstevie vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Apr 2011 - 6:52 AM

Sunrise is best in my opinion. Also, after the sun has got a bit too high at Castlerigg there is still time to drop down to Keswick and shoot along the East bank of Derwentwater for about half an hour and after that if you continue down Borrowdale and on to Buttermere, you can catch some very good light there a little later on, all in the same morning.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.