Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

CC

TheWanderer 5 20 2 United Kingdom
6 May 2010 8:01PM
Can enyone tell me what may be wrong with this image Its only got 5 votes so there must be something i am missing and could do with an other set of eyes to look at it.
Thanks in advance.

jon

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
6 May 2010 8:18PM
I'm no expert, but the way I see it the big white area has no detail to speak of and does nothing to enhance the image, the figure looks like it has been cut and pasted from a book and the type of image has limited appeal. Perhaps you would do better putting it in the critique section.
Jestertheclown 6 6.4k 241 England
6 May 2010 8:22PM
Without wishing to appear rude, it could simply be that people don't like it.

I can see that a lot of work has gone into producing it and I'm sure it's a very, very clever piece of work but, if I'm honest, I'd never have looked at it if you hadn't started this thread. Certainly as a thumbnail it would never get my attention.

It may just not have sufficient appeal.

Sorry but that's my opinion.

Jester.
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
6 May 2010 8:29PM

Quote:it could simply be that people don't like it.

Quote:I'm no expert, but the way I see it the big white area has no detail to speak of and does nothing to enhance the image,

Kinda sums it up for me...

I appreciate the work that has gone into it but, consideration has to be given to the large amount of 'burn-out' there is in the subject area.

Smile

EDIT:

You could always post similar work in the Critiques Gallery for guidance - no votes but lots of good feedback.
Daffy1 7 337 Ireland
6 May 2010 9:23PM
Its not a photograph but lots of digital manipulation, not to my liking . Sorry . Damian
TheWanderer 5 20 2 United Kingdom
6 May 2010 9:28PM
Ok should of mentioned it is under the digital art section...
I will have another play with it and probably put it in the CC gallery. Thanks for all your time and feed back. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.