Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cewe photo books ...can't upload..help?

janehewitt 11 215 1 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2007 9:46AM
I spent ages setting up a photobook using the cewe software as advertised on here but cannot connect to the server to upload, this is really frustrating! Can anyone help (I'm using AOL is that likely to be the problem?) many thanks Jane

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
12 Aug 2007 10:35AM

Quote:I'm using AOL is that likely to be the problem?

It's a possability Jane; I've seen AOL-related issues get in the way of online communications before.

However - a couple of questions.

Are you using a third-party, software firewall on the PC? Or - does AOL provide a firewall facility that you can access. If the answer is 'Yes' to either of these questions, then a possability as to why you cannot connect may well be that the firewall is blocking the Crewe upload software.

Although I have a hardware firewall in my router, I also use a software firewall to control outbound traffic from my PC. This scenario has caught me out a couple of times!!

HTH's...
12 Aug 2007 10:38AM
Thanks Mike, I'm not using a third party firewall but did suspect that AOL was the problem, I did however, click on allow this server to connect but nothing happened!
12 Aug 2007 10:43AM
Hmmm... How good is AOL telephone support these days Jane? I ask in all ignorance as it's years since I've used their services.

If they're available 24/7 then perhaps a call/email might be the quickest route to understanding IF they are a problem at this stage before looking to see if its actually Crewe that have a server problem.
KenTaylor e2
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2007 12:22PM
Read your PM
Ken
12 Aug 2007 12:25PM
Like to enlighten us Ken...?

Smile
12 Aug 2007 12:26PM
Thanks for trying to help everyone, My computer keeps crashing so I've abandoned this for a while. Jane
12 Aug 2007 12:31PM
Good luck Jane Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.