Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

CF Prices...

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
5 Jan 2012 - 9:54 PM

Looking on e-Bay for CF cards.... the prices are wild!!
See 1. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KINGSTON-8G-CF-8GB-Compact-Flash-Memory-Card-/25094428...

2. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-8GB-8G-8GIG-KINGSTON-COMPACT-FLASH-CF-MEMORY-CARD-...

3. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KINGSTON-COMPACT-FLASH-CF-8GB-8G-8-G-GB-MEMORY-CARD-NE...

These all appear to be the same article..... 11 or 660.... what is best value for money Wink

Last Modified By Billlee at 5 Jan 2012 - 9:55 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
5 Jan 2012 - 9:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saxon_image
5 Jan 2012 - 10:22 PM

And are these genuine? Not everything on eBay is necessarily what it seems. Take a look at 7dayshop - Kingston 16 GB 266x for 24.99 delivered and from a reliable dealer. 8GB only 9.99 though Sandisk Ultra 8Gb at 17.99 gives a card with a better reputation.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
5 Jan 2012 - 11:05 PM

Last place to buy CF cards, Especially Sandisk as they seem to have been faked more often than most.....Prices reflect the loony tunes goods.....Smile

I generally use " Picstop " ( care of the Shop tab above...Smile ) maybe not the cheapest, But the goods are genuine and the company has a great reputation.

NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7873 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
5 Jan 2012 - 11:42 PM

Another vote for Picstop, you need to be very wary with memory cards

thewilliam
5 Jan 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'd always assumed that Kigston and Transcend cards would be always be genuine, unless from the absolute dodgiest supplier and it's the "Nike" of CF cards that get copied.

Some punters like to pay top whack because they feel they're getting top quality!

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
6 Jan 2012 - 7:14 AM

And another for Picstop, fair prices great service.
I recently bought a Duracell c/f card from 7dayshop great price and i thought that Duracell have been in the electronics market awhile should be o.k. 3 months later no read or write on this card, in camera (this card cannot be used). The card was replaced in an instant by 7dayshop but the replacement will never be trusted at a wedding, back to my trusty Sandisk's all of which have come from Picstop and some are now more than 7years old.

So does top wack get top quality? judge for yourself I did.

Graham

robthecamman
6 Jan 2012 - 11:07 AM

read the reviews on 7dayshop before you use customer service not good

jimthistle73
6 Jan 2012 - 12:16 PM

About 80% of my cards have come from 7dayshop - the remainder from mymemory. Almost all of my rechargeable batteries (camera and AAs) also came from 7dayshop. Personally, I've never had a problem with them over maybe six years worth of orders. They are a bit slower with delivery than others, but perfect if you're not in a hurry.

Railcam
Railcam  7475 forum posts Scotland
6 Jan 2012 - 4:00 PM

I regularly use 7 Day shop and they are excellent. A recent problem was resolved by e-mail within a few hours. Also, if out of stock on something, you do not get it charged to your card until it comes into stoc and they despatch it.

No association other than a satisfied customer.

obriendavy
6 Jan 2012 - 5:58 PM

Another vote for 7dayshop, I've used them for 4 years and I've had only one problem which was resolved quite quickly.

Dave.

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
7 Jan 2012 - 6:58 AM

Quote: read the reviews on 7dayshop before you use customer service not good

The fault I had was the card not 7dayshop.
7dayshop.com have alway's been helpfull and provided good service if there's been any issue with goods, yes delivery is a bit slower than some, maybe it's that more satisfied customers should leave them good reveiws instead of the knockers.I would order from them anytime their price is right.

Graham

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
7 Jan 2012 - 8:10 AM

7dayshop: if you take the FREE delivery its 7 days (or thereabouts) must be a deal with the post office, ALWAYS good service and excellent comms via email, with replacement (just the one!) fast

LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62477 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
7 Jan 2012 - 8:35 AM

I seem to remember ebay admitting (about 3 years ago) over 60% of cards sold were likely to be fakes Sad

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
8 Jan 2012 - 12:58 PM

think that applied to 90% of all sales, just been rooked with a rip off phone ebay are like a chocolate teapot, rather than sorting the mickey man IN CHINA probably make more letting him "FREDMART2010" keep supplying hooky kit than being fair

in case you ask....................... I have binned ebay!

thewilliam
8 Jan 2012 - 1:17 PM

On another Forum, there was a thread where the buyer had wanted to returned a lens as damaged, allegedly dropped after delivery. The seller reported that Paypal had immediately recalled the payment from his bank account so that the buyer could be refunded.

All other reports about eBay have said that they're firmly on the side of the buyer and that the seller in guilty until proved innocent, especially where fake goods are concerned.

I normally sell rather than buy on eBay but wouldn't pay for goods with anything other than Paypal.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.