Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Chance to meet up with like-minded photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
2 Nov 2002 - 5:30 PM

Okay, so here's your chance to meet up with
other local members of ePHOTOzine. I would
suggest a few members suggest locations to
visit and a time and date and then let's see
what happens regarding response.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
2 Nov 2002 - 5:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sinargee
sinargee  12245 forum posts
5 Nov 2002 - 9:52 AM

I live in the North West (Lancashire) anyone else?
I am not averse to travelling but somewhere in spitting distance would be better.

There are many places to go to, even over into yorkshire, the dales maybe, North Wales even better or the Lake district. Spring time would perhaps! give us better weather.

Regards Bill

Badger
Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
5 Nov 2002 - 7:33 PM

I'm not too far away, based in Stockport. Plenty of places to visit in the area.
Matt

belerophon
belerophon  12156 forum posts
6 Nov 2002 - 9:10 PM

Sounds good to me, as a total nonce i could spend a day picking all your brains---Oldham here

Badger
Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2002 - 12:16 AM

Unfortunately not too much brains to pick here, I'm still learning myself.....
Matt

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
7 Nov 2002 - 6:30 PM

Hi guys, I live in Wirral, and not too far from most of you by the sound of it, if you do arrange something I would love to come along. Wirral has lots of good places, like Parkgate, Heswall, Liverpool not too far away the likes of the Albert Dock is nice. Chester's not too far and steeped in history and some interesting sights. North Wales sounds nice, Mount Snowden is lovely, but there are loads of great places up and down the coast. I have always had a hankering to visit the Lakes and make some pictures, so that also would be great. As you can see, I am quite keen. I'm a bit of a novice too, although I think I have most of the basics down, just looking to get some practice. If you want to get in touch at all, please do. All the best, Anthony.

onewildworld
8 Nov 2002 - 4:32 PM

Well I'm on Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire borders so whichever way people are goping in this area, i seem to be stuck in the middle......someone suggest a place. As a start, what are most people's interests - Landscape, Wildlife, Architecture etc.....? That i think should form the basis of the meet - when we know what we're looking for, we can decide a place to go look!
Dave.

onewildworld
8 Nov 2002 - 4:37 PM

Oh and Sinargee - Like the Peaks idea, havent been there that much - but the North Wales idea - Brilliant! Spent 3 years there at uni in Bangor - know place pretty well and there are some stunning places to go visit.....Anglesey being top of my list closely followed by Betws-y-coed and that area...Lancashire however has some good places too...epsecially up towards the formby dunes way but its probably better in the summer when the red squirells are more active and you may stand a chance of seeing sand lizards and northern dune tiger beetles (both very rare in the wild.....) as well as some dune helleborines and pyrammidal orchids (if you get the timing right - this year was abour mid july for flowering if memory serves....)
Dave.

sinargee
9 Nov 2002 - 8:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

Seems we have some really live ideas from everyone, strikes me some of the same places keep cropping up. The three that seem most popular, North Wales, The Lakes and the peak district. Like onewildworld said it depends what people like to shoot, though its virtually impposible to cater for everyones taste at one venue. So chooseing a spot with wild places with an interesting town close by could be the answer.

The Lakes can be like this with small villages beside some spectaculr scenery as can North Wales.

I agree spring or summer gives us the best chance of a good shooting day, although with Britains track record of summer weather?

I do know of a place in Yorkshire that as a very well equiped outdoor persuit center it takes about 20 people and if we could fill it it would cost about 20 each for a week-end, if anyone is interested in this let me know, we would have to book early, its that good. Close by you have Fountains Abbey, Brimham rocks, small villages and the moors.

Regards Bill

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
9 Nov 2002 - 11:21 AM

Hi Bill, that place in Yorkshire sounds really good, it would also allow people who may have to travel a bit further, a chance to rest and shoot fresh the next day. I like the idea of that, count me in, subject to terms and conditions (Wife and children agreeing) nearer the date.....
Besides, it does allow time to plan and prepare, and not rush into it. Great stuff.
Anthony

alben
alben  12142 forum posts England
10 Nov 2002 - 8:37 AM

Calling all photographers in the south and west we need some input here, please help

Phoenix
Phoenix  131877 forum posts
13 Nov 2002 - 7:53 AM

Im based in Hampshire, but I'd be interested in anything that's happening in the North West if it coincided with when I was visiting my folks in Lancashire

sinargee
13 Nov 2002 - 6:07 PM

Hi Pheonix,

When do you anticipate visiting your folks? There is more info under "North West Members Meet up"

No one as suggested any particular time as yet, but spring/summer maybe best. I think spring, that way we have enough time to organise things and its not dragging on. It has been my experience that things like this that do drag on can have a habbit of runing out of steam.

Regards Bill

Phoenix
Phoenix  131877 forum posts
13 Nov 2002 - 6:38 PM

Hi Bill,
i'll probably be up for the christmas & New year period, other than that I'm not too sure, due to my work situation. I may even be moving back up there.

hallchr
hallchr  11
9 Dec 2002 - 4:22 PM

Beds\Bucks anyone?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.