Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Changes to Flickr

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
andymcdonald
21 May 2013 - 1:06 PM

Looks like Flickr has changed its business model.

I'm currently on a "Pro" account, but these aren't going to be available any more to new customers (not sure whether I will be able to renew or not). They are keeping a Free option which will give 1TB of space, but will have ads (currently on "Pro" I have unlimited space and no ads) or some other options which are twice the price of the old "Pro" account.

Just a heads up to anyone else currently using Flickr.

Regards,

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 May 2013 - 1:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

paulcookphotography

Yeah, just noticed that on my account. I had been a pro user, but it expired recently and i sort of restructured my portfolio. Wasnt aware of anything happening before now

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103957 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 1:22 PM

you might be interested in this....Flickr re-design Smile

andymcdonald
21 May 2013 - 1:24 PM

It kicked in late last night - I was actually on Flickr checking something when it all switched. Thought I was going mad at first.

There seems to be a lot of grumbling about the changes.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 1:29 PM

Quote: There seems to be a lot of grumbling about the changes.

really?? you surprise me. That hardly ever happens when a site changes Wink

andymcdonald
21 May 2013 - 1:32 PM

LOLGrin Good pointWink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 1:32 PM

Quote: For $500 a year, your storage space will be doubled to 2 terabytes.

Or you could just open 2 accounts and get it for free!

keith selmes
21 May 2013 - 2:27 PM

Quote: I was actually on Flickr checking something when it all switched. Thought I was going mad at first.

There seems to be a lot of grumbling about the changes.

That happened on G+ last week. Really weird finding it all changed without warning. Apparently we're all supposed to be watching announcements and lusting for change. Perhaps Flickr is like that. (There are workarounds on G+ so the Fanboys can have the latest doohickey and sane people can still use it as well)

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 32142 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
21 May 2013 - 3:04 PM

Apparently if you already have a Pro account you will be able to renew but not sure if I would want to - it's certainly not as user friendly - would have been better if you had been told of the imminent changes or have a choice as to old vs new.

Progress I 'spose!!

sitan1
sitan1  5431 forum posts United Kingdom
21 May 2013 - 3:07 PM

well a grumble from me, I don't like the change, would have liked the option seeing as I was a paying member.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 3:24 PM

Just saw this article too from the gaurdian.

I stopped pro flickr ages ago, I don't seem to get galleries as a non pro user, just photostream and sets.
(edit - actually maybe i mean collections were limited as a standard user)

This is me if you want to link or see a non pro account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/lessfuzzysnapsstuart/

Cheers.

Last Modified By JackAllTog at 21 May 2013 - 3:28 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
21 May 2013 - 3:41 PM

I quite like the changes, particularly the gallery display. I always felt flickr wasn't visual enough and felt like it was designed back in 1992 with tiny thumbnails and a restricted website width. But now, wow.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85793 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 May 2013 - 3:47 PM

It looks just like 500px now...............

keith selmes
21 May 2013 - 5:26 PM

Trying out Flickr now.

"Lucky you! You're part of a bucket test and are seeing one of our new Flickr test experiences"

Oh wow. I really wanted that.

keith selmes
21 May 2013 - 5:37 PM

Flickr does look a bit big and garish now - roughly what happened to G+.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.