Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Changes to Flickr

KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
22 May 2013 10:51AM
Yep, very much Like my own Experiences Paul, I Got asked to join a group called the "Cavalry" It turned out to be half naked blokes in riding Boots and Stetsons. I left very quickly lol

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrDennis e2
5 247 Wales
22 May 2013 1:28PM
I must be Honest..I don't like the way Flickr has gone or is going. Flickr/Google+/Facebook all following each other and more or less, looking the same. I have a Pro account and a Free account. My Pro account is up for renewal on 1st June. Should I renew or go FREE...What's the Debate on that one???????
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
22 May 2013 2:04PM

Quote:I must be Honest..I don't like the way Flickr has gone or is going. Flickr/Google+/Facebook all following each other and more or less, looking the same. I have a Pro account and a Free account. My Pro account is up for renewal on 1st June. Should I renew or go FREE...What's the Debate on that one???????

Everything Moves On, only you can decide if it fills your needs. Mine is large quantity uploads which allow downloading, Flickr fills that role. Not taken much notice of the new version but provided it does the same and already having a pro means no increase then its fine by me.
For quality edited version other sites suit much better.
Railcam e2
8 484 Scotland
22 May 2013 2:33PM
I must admit I would have preferred a bit more white space around the (large) thumbnails. At least they no longer look over sharpened.
NikLG e2
9 1.7k England
22 May 2013 3:40PM
I don't mind it that much..I wish there was some kind of option to alter the way it looks though, like there used to be.
I'd prefer to have my last, say, 12 uploads at the top, then sets or groups under that rather than everything all there in one place.
Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
22 May 2013 4:39PM

Quote:I was suddenly being invited to share my pictures on pAges with guy dressed in boots, whip and very little leather clothing.

I know what you mean Kev but I doubt that that's peculiar to Flickr and could well occur regardless of where you post your erm, interesting pics., so long as equaly erm, interesting people can access them.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
22 May 2013 9:30PM

Quote:I was suddenly being invited to share my pictures on pAges with guy dressed in boots, whip and very little leather clothing

Could be worse, at least you hadn`t been invited to be some kind of uniform and jackboot adviser on a dodgy film set Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.