Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

changing a logo in elements 9

6 Sep 2012 10:22PM
Hi everyone

My girlfriends Karate school has presented me with a challenge . . on their new logo they have a phoenix emblem which is white on a red background they want the colours reversed does anyone know how i can do this ? im sure it involves the lasoo tool etc . . im just not that well versed in this kind of technique any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
6 6.6k 242 England
7 Sep 2012 10:47AM
Hi Mike,

If there's a clear demarcation between the two colours, it should be possible to use the 'magic wand' to select one and change it using the 'eyedropper' to pick up the alternate colour and the 'fill tool' to recolour the bit that you've highlighted.
Then do the 'select > inverse' to select the other colour and repeat the performance.
I suggest though that you move the red to the white first so that you retain the same red colour. To change the other bit to white, you can pick up the white colour (which will now have gone from your logo) from the 'foerground/background selection tool.'
I'm using CS6 but I think that you'll have those tools in Elements.
Alternatively, if you get really stuck, you could upload it to here and someone will be glad to do it for you.
Hope this helps.

Bren.
7 Sep 2012 12:55PM
thank you that remains a possibility id rather have a crack at it though but yeah i will take your advice

nice one ta

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.