Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Changing the order of images in Lightroom 2.6?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    trivets12
    trivets12  101155 forum posts
    14 Mar 2010 - 7:44 PM

I need to change the order of some images in Lightroom and cannot find how to do it? I use Bridge to alter the order of images shot on my 5D's, but my hubby shoots background images on a Panasonic G1 and Bridge can't see those. Lightroom can, but I can't seem to do it in the Library module or the Develop module. I tried converting them all to DNG but after several attempts, it would only convert the first seven, it then said there was an error with the remainders. I tried batch conversion in CS3 but that couldn't convert them to DNG either.
    Any advice would be appreciated,
    Thanks
    Trudy

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Mar 2010 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2010 - 7:52 PM

It is not clear how you want to order the images in Lightroom.

I do not see how converting to DNG format is going to help Sad

trivets12
    14 Mar 2010 - 7:56 PM

I wanted to change the order as the event was shot on three different cameras. I thought I had synchronized the times but obviously didn't! When I do the first edit, I chuck out the rubbish shots and then rename and number the remaining shots in chronological order. I usually do this in Bridge but it can't see the thumbnails from the Panasonic, only the filename. I thought if I converted them to DNG files then Bridge would be able to see them and I could then alter the order, as some are completely out of sequence. It didn't make any difference though.
    In Lightroom, I can see the thumbnails of the Panasonic images but I can't seem to find out how to move them in the order that they should be in, and then rename.
    Trudy

Henchard
    Henchard  92744 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2010 - 8:04 PM

I explained how to sync cameras (altering the times of 1 camera by the same offset) in Lightroom here

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96303 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Mar 2010 - 8:06 PM

If you want to order them by Capture Time then in the Library Module there is that option in the "Sort Criteria", then select the "Sort Order" az

trivets12
    14 Mar 2010 - 8:21 PM

Yes, but I made the mistake of not checking the times set on the Panasonic before we started shooting. My own silly fault.
    I just wanted to have all of the raw files in the right time order and numbered correctly before I started working on them.
    I'll check the times next time!

trivets12
    14 Mar 2010 - 9:44 PM

Well, I've given up now. I've been on this for nearly four hours and absolutely cannot merge images from three different cameras and find an easy way of getting them in the right order. I tried your method, Henchard, but as soon as I come out of Lightroom, the time change is lost and the files go back to the original time and, consequently in the wrong order again.
    I know its my fault for not checking the times set in the camera, but I cannot believe that major software like Lightroom cannot allow me to move images around in the Library module and that I can rename them.
    I'm so frustrated at having wasted an entire evening on this and still no further forward
    Aaaargh!

yak_farmer
    14 Mar 2010 - 10:16 PM

There's a user order sort function where you can drag the photos around. It sits at the bottom of the page under the library module, it's part of the 'sort' drop down box. It's only visible if you've all other filtering off though as it'd cause conflictions otherwise.

Andy.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.