Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Cheap ND 10 filter ?

widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
31 Aug 2012 10:59PM
Hi everyone my brother sent me down some welders glass which apparently makes for a cheap (free) filter whats the word on the epz street on this and whats the best way to use it cos i just love dry ice lol mmm can i reverse the lens hood and stick the glass to it with something like blue tak ? any dour Scots oot there tried this or indeed any of my British friends eg tight Yorkshiremen lol Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1 4 1.3k 203 United Kingdom
31 Aug 2012 11:50PM
See other post! Lol
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
1 Sep 2012 12:27PM

Quote:Hi everyone any dour Scots oot there tried this or indeed any of my British friends eg tight Yorkshiremen lol Wink

You know the definition of a Yorkshireman? A Scot who has had his generosity surgically removed.

Just like a Scouser is a Geordie with his brains bashed out.

But seriously (who, me?), why improvise with welder's goggles when you can get a genuine ND filter to fit your camera lens direct from China on eBay for under a fiver, post paid.
widtink 2 406 2 Scotland
1 Sep 2012 6:23PM
under a fiver !!! really am shockedTongue
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
1 Sep 2012 9:05PM

Quote:Under a fiver !!! really am shockedTongue

Don't be shocked.

I just got a cloned battery grip, spare battery, three battery holders and a charger for my Nikon D800 direct from China on eBay for under 60. Superb quality but would have cost me over 400 if I'd bought the Nikon equivalents.

The way I look at it is that if even 10% of the stuff you buy from China on eBay turns out to be junk (very unlikely) you are still quids in.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.