Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Cheap ND 10 filter ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hi everyone my brother sent me down some welders glass which apparently makes for a cheap (free) filter whats the word on the epz street on this and whats the best way to use it cos i just love dry ice lol mmm can i reverse the lens hood and stick the glass to it with something like blue tak ? any dour Scots oot there tried this or indeed any of my British friends eg tight Yorkshiremen lol Wink

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    31 Aug 2012 - 11:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2012 - 11:48 PM

I'm neither!
    I used one on a lens with a scalloped hood. I turned the hood round and used 2 rubber bands which hooked round the petals. As long as its in contact with the rim of the lens, no stray light can get in the side and cause flare.
    Make a little cover for the eyepiece if you don't have a built in one, as the extra light can cause exposure errors.

It can be quite hard to get rid of the colour cast completely, but I have used one ok. Shoot RAW and you will have more adjustment at the processing stage, or use it as black and white.
    You might be able to get a colour filter to counteract the colourcast. My filter was a strong green/yellow.

Experimentation is the key!

ianrobinson
    ianrobinson e2 Member 41106 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2012 - 9:28 AM

experiment with the white balance to adjust some of the colour cast then do the rest in PS or similiar.
    good advise from sooty.

Ian

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
    1 Sep 2012 - 9:55 AM

Dry ice, LOL. Go for it Smile

widtink
    widtink e2 Member 1404 forum postswidtink vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2012 - 5:27 PM

Yup will do, gonna go out Monday and try some shots but will probs stick to B/W ive tried the rubber band technique and its seems to work . Aye Big Bri glad you got that, too many snobs oot there wi their heids up their erses !!!Wink

widtink
    1 Sep 2012 - 5:28 PM

And thanks for your suggestions i just love dry ice LOLSmile

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Sep 2012 - 8:09 PM

Quote: Cheap ND 10 filter

Use no filter at all, take a series of pictures then stack them.

tepot
    tepot  94416 forum posts United Kingdom
    2 Sep 2012 - 1:32 AM

are you off your medication tonight Paul?

Terry.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Sep 2012 - 1:36 AM

No Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.