Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Childcare centre photography

dannyS 8 106 Australia
8 Dec 2007 3:14PM
I dont know about anyone else, but I have nearly completed photographing 150 children and their consecutive groups for their families at a childcare centre!!! I never knew how much work I was getting myself into - never done much pro work before with childcare centres.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
8 Dec 2007 4:44PM
I know what you mean. I do a few nurseries and Mother & Toddler groups in the run up to Christmas. Taking the photos is no problem, it's all the admin that causes the headache. When you've got orders for 60/70 families landing on your desk in one go it can be quite daunting.

Hope it all goes OK.

Tony
sberlyn 8 426 1 England
8 Dec 2007 5:28PM

Quote:I know what you mean. I do a few nurseries and Mother & Toddler groups in the run up to Christmas. Taking the photos is no problem, it's all the admin that causes the headache. When you've got orders for 60/70 families landing on your desk in one go it can be quite daunting.

Hope it all goes OK.

Tony

I'll take over for you if it's too much agro Wink

Cheers,

S
FatHandedChap 8 1.3k England
8 Dec 2007 6:20PM

Quote:I'll take over for you if it's too much agro

I'll let you field all the calls from parents wondering when their pictures will be ready - they normally start the day after the shoot.....
Hanners e2
8 875 10 Ireland
8 Dec 2007 6:35PM
yet people think it's easy.....

I do most of the nurseries in my area, and it's hard work Grin
dannyS 8 106 Australia
8 Dec 2007 9:37PM
yes - hard work alright. Especially when u have a regular day job. Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!
seangannon 8 60 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2007 8:58PM

Quote: Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!

Get them to shout SPIDERMAN!!!! it works everytime with boys and girls. The reaction in their face is brilliant!
User_Removed 7 1.5k 1
9 Dec 2007 9:22PM

Quote:Quote: Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!Get them to shout SPIDERMAN!!!! it works everytime with boys and girls. The reaction in their face is brilliant!

Thanks for the tip i need it. cheers james
seangannon 8 60 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2007 10:33PM

Quote:Thanks for the tip i need it. cheers james

No worries, use music as well. We have the Mac loaded with High School musical soundtrack etc. It distracts them and they often know the songs. Try postman pat, power rangers etc songs It may drive you nuts but happier kids = better photos = more sales
dannyS 8 106 Australia
13 Dec 2007 11:58AM
I'll try the spiderman thing as well - sounds fun!! Had a whole group of 4 year olds try to tackle me to the ground the other day - glad i didnt smash my camera!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.