Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Childcare centre photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    dannyS
    dannyS  8106 forum posts Australia
    8 Dec 2007 - 3:14 PM

I dont know about anyone else, but I have nearly completed photographing 150 children and their consecutive groups for their families at a childcare centre!!! I never knew how much work I was getting myself into - never done much pro work before with childcare centres.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Dec 2007 - 3:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

FatHandedChap

I know what you mean. I do a few nurseries and Mother & Toddler groups in the run up to Christmas. Taking the photos is no problem, it's all the admin that causes the headache. When you've got orders for 60/70 families landing on your desk in one go it can be quite daunting.

Hope it all goes OK.

Tony

sberlyn
    sberlyn  7426 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2007 - 5:28 PM

Quote: I know what you mean. I do a few nurseries and Mother & Toddler groups in the run up to Christmas. Taking the photos is no problem, it's all the admin that causes the headache. When you've got orders for 60/70 families landing on your desk in one go it can be quite daunting.

Hope it all goes OK.

Tony

I'll take over for you if it's too much agro Wink

Cheers,

S

FatHandedChap

Quote: I'll take over for you if it's too much agro

I'll let you field all the calls from parents wondering when their pictures will be ready - they normally start the day after the shoot.....

Hanners
    Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2007 - 6:35 PM

yet people think it's easy.....

I do most of the nurseries in my area, and it's hard work Grin

dannyS
    8 Dec 2007 - 9:37 PM

yes - hard work alright. Especially when u have a regular day job. Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!

seangannon
    9 Dec 2007 - 8:58 PM

Quote: Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!

Get them to shout SPIDERMAN!!!! it works everytime with boys and girls. The reaction in their face is brilliant!

User_Removed
    9 Dec 2007 - 9:22 PM

Quote: Quote: Trying to get all those kids smiling at the camera for the group shot is a pain!Get them to shout SPIDERMAN!!!! it works everytime with boys and girls. The reaction in their face is brilliant!

Thanks for the tip i need it. cheers james

seangannon
    9 Dec 2007 - 10:33 PM

Quote: Thanks for the tip i need it. cheers james

No worries, use music as well. We have the Mac loaded with High School musical soundtrack etc. It distracts them and they often know the songs. Try postman pat, power rangers etc songs It may drive you nuts but happier kids = better photos = more sales

dannyS
    13 Dec 2007 - 11:58 AM

I'll try the spiderman thing as well - sounds fun!! Had a whole group of 4 year olds try to tackle me to the ground the other day - glad i didnt smash my camera!!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.