Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Chili Sauce.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SimPick
    SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2007 - 2:11 PM

I was looking around the net today for chili sauces, and it seems to me that some people like to add a whole world of pain to the eating experience. Some of the sauces on sale are insane. I knew you could get very hot sauces, but not this hot.
    You can buy the hottest chili sauce in the world, which measure a massive 16 million scoville units, which is the hottest you can get. It carries a warning that it is not fit for human consumption, and before you buy it you must agree to a disclaimer -
    "Purchaser further understands that Blair's 16 Million Reserve is for experimental/display purposes only, furthermore any handling of the contents of Blair's 16 million must be under a controlled environment using protective gloves and safety eyewear."

A friend told me about a guy he used to work with, who was trying to be a real bloke, and splashed something called "Dave's Insanity Sauce" on his sandwiches at lunchtime, and all afternoon he was in agony and he could see nothing but green on his PC monitor.
    I love a good hot spicy curry, and get through bottles of tobasco regularly, but this stuff is crazy. They do have good names though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Jan 2007 - 2:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2007 - 2:51 PM

Quote: Blair's 16 Million Reserve

There's got to be a joke there somewhere... Wink

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
    26 Jan 2007 - 3:50 PM

I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce, and it really should be used on drop at a time (it's quite thick, so the drops are large). However, at the NW Meet when I cooked chilli for everyone, the extra bowls of chillis I put out for those who like it hotter were not enough for James (magicboy) and he used a good quarter of my bottle of DIS. And he didn't bat an eyelid. Think he must have lead lining or something,

Try www.somelikeithotter.com for sauces Smile

A couple of my favourite names are "Ass in hell" and "Holy Sh!t" sauces Smile

Big Bri
    26 Jan 2007 - 3:52 PM

Oh, and if you like fresh chillis, try Peppers by post and their dorset naga.

philipr
    philipr  8392 forum posts
    26 Jan 2007 - 6:33 PM

I love my chilli sauces and really hot food. Ive never tried th eabove sauces mentioned with teh exception of tabasco. Ive not understood why tabasco sauce is so popular - its crap. Its a bit hot but it has no real flavour to it, just vinegar and a bit of heat. Habernero chillis are far superior in flavour and heat. No sure how easy it is to get in the UK but Marie Shraps chilli sauces from Belize are very good with loads of flavour. Right the way down the Carribean coast of Central America you get get alsorts of really good chillis sauces usually locally made. The best I ever tried was on Bocas del Toras islands in Panama made by a local women who sold it to various places in the islands - really hot but full of flavour.

StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2007 - 7:17 PM

My son eats at a place once in a while where you have to sign a waiver for certain sauces. his fav is Possible Side Effects.

kaybee
    kaybee  103823 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2007 - 8:32 PM

I knew Bri would have got in on the act here

SimPick
    SimPick  8545 forum posts Azerbaijan2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jan 2007 - 8:50 PM

My wife has a friend from Mexico, and she brought us back some lovely chilis last time she went home. She got us a tin of really hot chilis in a bbq sauce. Oh man, they were really lovely. She also brought us back a bag of scotch bonnet chilis, which were f**king hot.
    I found a Mexican shop in town today, so I am going tomorrow to stock up on a few bits. They have a very impressive range of really nasty sauces, and really hot fresh and dried chilis. I just need to be brave and buy some !! I am not sure I could handle the "Dave's Ultimate Insanity Sauce" rated as 10+++ by the shop. They have plenty rated at 10, and a few at 10+++. I may decide to be chicken and go for a 5 or 6 just to test them out, or some "Dave's Hurtin' Mustard" rated as 8, but I have a bit of a problem with food that promises pain on the label !!

I have been trying to grow a chili plant at home the last months. At first it grew like crazy, but has calmed down a bit now and isn't growing so much. I guess you need to do it in really warm weather.
    So, any advice on growing would be welcome.

Big Bri
    27 Jan 2007 - 9:47 AM

I had Dave's Burning Nuts once, peanuts coated in dried habanero powder. mmm mmm mmmmmm.

daviewat
    daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
    27 Jan 2007 - 9:56 AM

Quote: I had Dave's Burning Nuts once, peanuts coated in dried habanero powder. mmm mmm mmmmmm.

Not sure I like the sound of that AT ALL :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

kaybee
    kaybee  103823 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Jan 2007 - 11:10 AM

Is that the thought of 'burning nuts' covered in habanero powder.......or Bri eating them?
    LOL

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.