Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Chinese Green Tea

Peter_West 3 148 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 7:30PM
Hi All, Been given a box of the above by a client, apparently expensive stuff and been told it's very good for you, but what the hell do I do with it, Hmmm I know make a cup tea, put a spoonful in a cup and let it brew, is it supposed to taste like pond water, Pete Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 7:43PM
Its an aquired taste, often best to start on scrapings from the forest floor and work up to green tea Grin
779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 7:45PM
I love it, in fact have a cup in front of me now. Don't over brew it.
21 Feb 2012 7:49PM
Hmmm probally right with forrest floor, how much do you put in a cup,
Andy_Cundell 3 1.1k 5 England
21 Feb 2012 7:50PM
I find if you add a sugar or 'pip' it enhances the flavour............and don't add milk!
779HOB 2 1.0k United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 7:52PM
Small teapot if it's loose tea - one teaspoon maybe. Please don't put anything in it!
mikehit e2
5 6.8k 11 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2012 8:24PM
I put a small pinch of leaves in a mug of hot water and don't bother straining it. By the time I am getting to the end I find it still tastes really good.
Chinese green tea is far less tannic than Indian tea so you can brew it longer without it developing that 'toungue coating' feeling.

Interstingly, the Chinese rate a good tea by its taste after the fourth or fifth infusion (that is, brew it, drink the tea then add more water etc) but unless you have a groups of friends round it is unlikely you may experience this!
21 Feb 2012 8:43PM
ok i'll stick with it, and try some more, but not tonight, Pinot Grigo is more important Tongue
cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
21 Feb 2012 10:15PM
Green tea is generally the first pickings from the bush...we tend to drink black tea in this country which has been dried/processed many times. In fact most UK teabags contain dust that is swept off the floor. SmileSmile

It's an acquired taste and has lots of anti-oxidants....I prefer Rooibos (a South African tea made from a Red Bush variety).

Wiki has some good advice on how to steep the tea Smile
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2012 8:45AM
I drink Red Bush all the time, love it and it never goes bitter. Next in line are Chai, Lady Gray and Turkish Black Sea tea. The only time I drink 'normal' British tea is with fish & chips (which is also the only time I eat soggy white bread).

If you are used to PG Tips etc, all of the other teas are an acquired taste but well worth it and most are better for you. For example Red Bush is naturally caffeine free and low in tannin.

Ian
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
22 Feb 2012 9:43AM
Earl Grey for me.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
22 Feb 2012 9:47AM
I find Earl Grey too floral, I like the spiciness of the lady Smile
simont 10 2.2k 4 England
22 Feb 2012 4:37PM
Yorkshire tea, but it must be kept in a brown paper bag so no-one knows it's Yorkshire Smile
WhiteRose1 e2
4 1.1k 136 England
22 Feb 2012 7:25PM
Yorshire 'ard watter' tea !!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.