Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Chinese Green Tea

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Peter_West
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:30 PM

Hi All, Been given a box of the above by a client, apparently expensive stuff and been told it's very good for you, but what the hell do I do with it, Hmmm I know make a cup tea, put a spoonful in a cup and let it brew, is it supposed to taste like pond water, Pete Sad

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
    answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012523 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:43 PM

Its an aquired taste, often best to start on scrapings from the forest floor and work up to green tea Grin

779HOB
    779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:45 PM

I love it, in fact have a cup in front of me now. Don't over brew it.

Peter_West
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:49 PM

Hmmm probally right with forrest floor, how much do you put in a cup,

Andy_Cundell
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:50 PM

I find if you add a sugar or 'pip' it enhances the flavour............and don't add milk!

779HOB
    779HOB  2999 forum posts United Kingdom
    21 Feb 2012 - 7:52 PM

Small teapot if it's loose tea - one teaspoon maybe. Please don't put anything in it!

mikehit
    mikehit  46152 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2012 - 8:24 PM

I put a small pinch of leaves in a mug of hot water and don't bother straining it. By the time I am getting to the end I find it still tastes really good.
    Chinese green tea is far less tannic than Indian tea so you can brew it longer without it developing that 'toungue coating' feeling.

Interstingly, the Chinese rate a good tea by its taste after the fourth or fifth infusion (that is, brew it, drink the tea then add more water etc) but unless you have a groups of friends round it is unlikely you may experience this!

Peter_West
    21 Feb 2012 - 8:43 PM

ok i'll stick with it, and try some more, but not tonight, Pinot Grigo is more important Tongue

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Feb 2012 - 10:15 PM

Green tea is generally the first pickings from the bush...we tend to drink black tea in this country which has been dried/processed many times. In fact most UK teabags contain dust that is swept off the floor. SmileSmile

It's an acquired taste and has lots of anti-oxidants....I prefer Rooibos (a South African tea made from a Red Bush variety).

Wiki has some good advice on how to steep the tea Smile

Last Modified By cats_123 at 21 Feb 2012 - 10:17 PM
    digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2012 - 8:45 AM

I drink Red Bush all the time, love it and it never goes bitter. Next in line are Chai, Lady Gray and Turkish Black Sea tea. The only time I drink 'normal' British tea is with fish & chips (which is also the only time I eat soggy white bread).

If you are used to PG Tips etc, all of the other teas are an acquired taste but well worth it and most are better for you. For example Red Bush is naturally caffeine free and low in tannin.

Ian

RogBrown
    RogBrown  72997 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2012 - 9:43 AM

Earl Grey for me.

digicammad
    digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2012 - 9:47 AM

I find Earl Grey too floral, I like the spiciness of the lady Smile

simont
    simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2012 - 4:37 PM

Yorkshire tea, but it must be kept in a brown paper bag so no-one knows it's Yorkshire Smile

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41028 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England133 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Feb 2012 - 7:25 PM

Yorshire 'ard watter' tea !!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.