Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Choosing a compact digital camera. HELP!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    mikemarita
    28 Sep 2007 - 5:19 PM

Hi all
    Just joined. Have read recent topics relating to digital compacts. I would like to purchase a camera for my wife to take to the USA on 15.10.07 and she requires it to be very user friendly, sleek, portable (ie in handbag or pocket) and able to produce quality results. That is where the problem lies! Is there such a thing? Suggestions please. Also has anyone any knowledge or a view on the new Canon IXUS range that came out this month ie 860 IS and 960 IS or the Powershot SX100 IS, A650, A720 or further update on the G9? Thanks. Have been unable to find any reviews at the moment and time is running out!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Sep 2007 - 5:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Barbaraj
    Barbaraj  7450 forum posts England
    28 Sep 2007 - 5:37 PM

Hi Mike and welcome toEPZ.
    Im not a wonderful person to answer you, but till someone comes along with an answer, have you looked at the reviews of cameras and the shop on site here. Hit the reviews button at the top and there might be on about the cameras you are looking for.
    Barbara

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    BEVZED
    BEVZED e2 Member 71139 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
    28 Sep 2007 - 5:39 PM

Ricoh Caplio R5 or Fuji F20 are fast even with flash, allsorts of settings. Depends on the likely subject shots.

mikemarita
    28 Sep 2007 - 5:39 PM

Will do. Thanks.

Cristian
    Cristian  9950 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Sep 2007 - 6:09 PM

My parents recently purchased a Panasonic DMC-FX10 from Comet for 115.

I've not got a compact digital to compare it against, but personally, I was well impressed with the lens quality of the Panasonic and it's simple use.

It also has Optical Image Stabiliser settings.

Cristian

Jase_b
    Jase_b  840 forum posts Scotland
    29 Sep 2007 - 10:03 AM

I bought the Fujifilm F47fd from currys a few months ago and have had no problems with it.

I have found the lens and picture quality excellant and with the option to change setings on two positions of the selection dial, it can take good pictures in all different settings i have tried so far.

It is closer to the 200 mark but i feel a very good camera.

mikemarita
    8 Oct 2007 - 12:37 PM

I have purchased the canon G9 and thank you for your comments.

mikemarita
    8 Oct 2007 - 12:43 PM

I think this will be of interest to anyone now interested in purchasing a Canon G(. Having spent a lot of time trawling the web I found the G9 advertised at www.cjrenterprise.co.uk for 284.99 plus 6.99 postage and packing. Total price 291.98. This is considerably cheaper than anywhere else I could find and prevented me considering buying it in the USA next week. The phone number is 01274 884510 and the chap was extremely helpful.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.