Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Choosing an upgrade path - advice needed

Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
4 Feb 2013 11:51PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
5 Feb 2013 1:14AM
I think the increase in other brands is because of the lens to camera communication - canons EOS mount hasn't got any manual aperture lenses and whilst there is a trick for mounting no contact EOS lenses with the blades shut it is a pain (you have to work with them shut the whole time so very little light gets in.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
5 Feb 2013 1:24AM
I`ve found a Canon Eos tilt shift adapter but it only seems to come in a fitting for Hasselblad lenses.

Its really strange because you can get other adapters such as the test shows, maybe its just that there is not a lot of call for them in Eos fitting, a pity really, an old micro nikkor would be quite good attached I would have thought.

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/24mmcup/final/24mm_final1.html
Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
5 Feb 2013 8:32PM
It's annoying as the cheap ones simply won't work well with my Canon system without adding further options and lenses - whilst the expensive choice isn't that far behind just getting a proper TS lens itself.

That said I think I've boiled it down to one of 2 choices:

Either stopshot with highspeed shutter and crossbeam lasers (ie bugs in-flight kit which I can expand on with IR sensors later for general motion stopping outside of larger subjects)

Or

Safari 2 flash kit

It's almost 2 halves of the same setup since if I get the latter I'll have all the lighting I'll likely need for a very long while and mobile whilst the former gives me the trigger setup that I can use (with lighting) for highspeed photography (my biggest limit with that is that I've at present only the macro flash units and a single 580EX2 - which puts out good light but is rather one directional being just a single flash).

The only factor really is that a lighting kit can be easier to justify, whilst the macro laser it is more exotic, a bit more limited in scope - but is also one of those things that could end up easily being "I'll always get" and never will.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
5 Feb 2013 9:53PM

Quote:It's annoying as the cheap ones simply won't work well with my Canon system without adding further options and lenses - whilst the expensive choice isn't that far behind just getting a proper TS lens itself

Its just the same for any other system, old legacy lenses and stop down metering etc.

Your to options look interesting.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.