Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Choosing an upgrade path - advice needed

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Feb 2013 - 11:51 PM

Or this, but the only seem to fit mirrorless, great if you had the Canon M.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Kipon-Tilt-and-Shift-adapter-for-Nikon-F-mount-lens-...
http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-canon-eos-m-black-digital-camera-with-22mm-f2...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Feb 2013 - 11:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Overread
Overread  53745 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 1:14 AM

I think the increase in other brands is because of the lens to camera communication - canons EOS mount hasn't got any manual aperture lenses and whilst there is a trick for mounting no contact EOS lenses with the blades shut it is a pain (you have to work with them shut the whole time so very little light gets in.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214381 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 1:24 AM

I`ve found a Canon Eos tilt shift adapter but it only seems to come in a fitting for Hasselblad lenses.

Its really strange because you can get other adapters such as the test shows, maybe its just that there is not a lot of call for them in Eos fitting, a pity really, an old micro nikkor would be quite good attached I would have thought.

http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/24mmcup/final/24mm_final1.html

Overread
Overread  53745 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Feb 2013 - 8:32 PM

It's annoying as the cheap ones simply won't work well with my Canon system without adding further options and lenses - whilst the expensive choice isn't that far behind just getting a proper TS lens itself.

That said I think I've boiled it down to one of 2 choices:

Either stopshot with highspeed shutter and crossbeam lasers (ie bugs in-flight kit which I can expand on with IR sensors later for general motion stopping outside of larger subjects)

Or

Safari 2 flash kit

It's almost 2 halves of the same setup since if I get the latter I'll have all the lighting I'll likely need for a very long while and mobile whilst the former gives me the trigger setup that I can use (with lighting) for highspeed photography (my biggest limit with that is that I've at present only the macro flash units and a single 580EX2 - which puts out good light but is rather one directional being just a single flash).

The only factor really is that a lighting kit can be easier to justify, whilst the macro laser it is more exotic, a bit more limited in scope - but is also one of those things that could end up easily being "I'll always get" and never will.

Paul Morgan
5 Feb 2013 - 9:53 PM

Quote: It's annoying as the cheap ones simply won't work well with my Canon system without adding further options and lenses - whilst the expensive choice isn't that far behind just getting a proper TS lens itself

Its just the same for any other system, old legacy lenses and stop down metering etc.

Your to options look interesting.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.