Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Chris_L ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: issue between CL & site referred to exec team
GarethRobinson

Yeah I hear they cremated him and put him in an I-Casket. so he will never rest in peace...lol

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Apr 2013 - 2:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  46103 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 2:25 PM

I have seen Candyman and so far C***-L name has been mentioned three times....dare we risk any more???

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 2:31 PM

I liked him....I thought he was funny.....especially his anti Mac rants......and how mine just works.Smile

GarethRobinson

CathyT macs are like plastic lady toys, they just need power and they work, that don't mean it's better than the real thing..Tongue

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 9 Apr 2013 - 2:47 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 2:45 PM

His unshakeable self-belief (always a double-edged sword!) made for amusing reading, sometimes. Grin

But he did seem to know his stuff about computers in general.

puertouk
puertouk  21052 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 2:50 PM

Maybe he should be let back just to fix everyones PC problems? Blush Well, weve got no one in EPZ who can fix them, have we? Tongue He can be EPZs PC guru. Wink I wonder if Pete will let him back as a PC guru? Maybe he can run a forum just for PC repairs? Smile

779HOB
779HOB  2998 forum posts United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 - 2:53 PM

He helped me off forum with a domain transfer. Forums need colorful people or like politics they grow grey and dull.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 4:13 PM

I have in the recent past made the point to Pete that - in general - most bans should, in the first instance be for a period specified by the EPZ Team.... 3 months, 6 months or whatever they think is appropriate to the offence. Only a further offence against the T&Cs should lead to a permanent ban. This is the approach used on other sites, including the one I run.

Obviously this doesn't apply to spammers/scammers, and others only joining to abuse the facilities of the site, who should be removed immediately and, if possible, blocked.

What do others think? Smile

779HOB
9 Apr 2013 - 4:18 PM

I think that's not a bad idea. I haven't read what Chris wrote about the course but it must have been pretty bad to get him banned I would have thought. He was like a dog with a bone sometimes but that's just Chris and often, even if we didn't like to admit it, he was right.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 4:18 PM

Quote: Forums need colourful people or like politics they grow grey and dull.

He's like an EPZ Maggie Thatcher....

779HOB
9 Apr 2013 - 4:21 PM

Quote: He's like an EPZ Maggie Thatcher....

That's what I was thinking. At least he said what he thought and often backed it up with evidence. Love him or hate him he brought some colour to the forums.

hobbs
hobbs e2 Member 101222 forum postshobbs vcard United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 - 4:51 PM

Quote: That's what I was thinking. At least he said what he thought and often backed it up with evidence. Love him or hate him he brought some colour to the forums.

I can remember on a couple of occasions the evidence provided was based on blogs by people who acknowledged that they knew little about the subject they were writing about.

Last Modified By hobbs at 9 Apr 2013 - 4:59 PM
KevSB
KevSB  101403 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
9 Apr 2013 - 4:55 PM

My favourite Was when Chriss let a prolific poster hang himself,complaining about copyright theft on Facebook ect, chris then presented him with proof that the poster was himself stealing images and asked the poster to explain. The poster disappeared very quickly from the site without a word.
I'm not always a big fan of Chriss sometimes harsh approach but in most cases he spoke the truth backed with facts, from the sites perspective I understand why it had to be done, shame as I also liked chris and his posts, which could be very helpful.

779HOB
9 Apr 2013 - 4:58 PM

Quote: I can remember on a couple of occasions the evidence provided was based on blogs by people who acknowledged that they knew little about the subject they writing about.

Oh I have no doubt about that. I might seem to be defending him - I just miss the old terrier; tenacious and shear bloody mindedness to argue a point to and, sometimes beyond, the end of all reason.

779HOB
9 Apr 2013 - 5:00 PM

Quote: My favourite Was when Chriss let a prolific poster hang himself,complaining about copyright theft on Facebook ect, chris then presented him with proof that the poster was himself stealing images and asked the poster to explain. The poster disappeared very quickly from the site without a word.

That was very good I agree. A classic Chris. Sometimes you shoot and miss but if you don't shoot you will never score.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: issue between CL & site referred to exec team