Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Chris_L ?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : issue between CL & site referred to exec team

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 5:01PM
The other one was where someone, a student of some sort, was proclaiming the virtues of the Canon 5D3 when it had just come out (at about 3000 body only) and presented a picture supposedly taken with it. Chris uploaded the EXIF from that pic showing a different camera had been used! Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbs e2
10 1.2k United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 5:02PM
I have to admit I did like him, just a shame he didn't know when he'd gone a little to far.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 5:04PM
I think that sums it up pretty well, Nick.
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 5:04PM

Quote:Chris uploaded the EXIF from that pic showing a different camera had been used!

Class.

Okay, bring him back.
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 5:07PM

Quote:I have in the recent past made the point to Pete that - in general - most bans should, in the first instance be for a period specified by the EPZ Team.... 3 months, 6 months or whatever they think is appropriate to the offence. Only a further offence against the T&Cs should lead to a permanent ban. This is the approach used on other sites, including the one I run.
Yes, or something like that.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Apr 2013 5:20PM
the most stubborn & pedantic person in EPZ history?

hats off to him... Wink

several months "arguing the toss" over the old camera/photographer debate used to keep the site interesting for me
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
9 Apr 2013 5:23PM

Quote: in general - most bans should, in the first instance be for a period specified by the EPZ Team.... 3 months, 6 months or whatever they think is appropriate to the offence.

That would be useful if we adopted a gentler banning approach, but as you know CB we generally don't ban people. So when we do it's a bigger issue than just a warning shot which is where your approach would work.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 5:24PM

Quote:The most stubborn & pedantic person in EPZ history?

hats off to him... Wink

several months "arguing the toss" over the old camera/photographer debate used to keep the site interesting for me

Many years ago, when I started my first job, I was warned that one of my colleagues was a "Right Man".

That is to say, he was always but always (in his own view) right, and he would argue to the end of time trying to prove it. Wink

Quote:That would be useful if we adopted a gentler banning approach, but as you know CB we generally don't ban people. So when we do it's a bigger issue than just a warning shot which is where your approach would work.

But that is the whole point Pete. At present it is like capital punishment....... juries were reluctant to convict because it's irrevocable.

Temporary bans could be used with less heartsearching! Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
9 Apr 2013 5:30PM

Quote:The most stubborn & pedantic person in EPZ history?

hats off to him... Wink

Err, pots - kettles WinkGrin
But, I do remember your never-ending "conversations" and they used to cheer me up no end. Great fun. I liked him. Smile
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 5:43PM
The last thing I would enliken him to was the thatcher of epz, as I liked Chris - very helpful in any ways he could be - I for one would like to see him back.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
9 Apr 2013 5:50PM
clung onto his 100% point like a rottweiller on charlie Wink
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Apr 2013 6:11PM
FREE THE NEWCASTLE ONE.
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
9 Apr 2013 6:21PM
Ive had a couple of issues in the forums in the past with Chris and on the odd occasion I was right and he was wrong then he admitted it and was a gent.

If I correctly recall the thread that appears to have got him user removed then he was spot on correct

Surely you cant be wrong for being right?

Bring him back with a years free E2 I saySmile
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Apr 2013 6:23PM

Quote:FREE THE NEWCASTLE ONE.

To quote Wikipedia: The page does not exist. Did you mean, "Free Newcastle Brown" Grin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 6:25PM

Quote:Free Newcastle Brown

I suspect Chris is partial to a drop of that! Wink