Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Chris_L ?

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : issue between CL & site referred to exec team

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 7:02PM

Quote:Lawbert is Chris-L.

OMG................. you could be right! shocked-dark.jpg

Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Apr 2013 7:11PM

Quote:
Wot a load of boll..ks Salty.

No...that's simply how it works. You may not think much of it, but that's how it is.

Quote:He has membership support and , as a community driven website , that should count bundles.

Place is becoming a bloody over-moderated Orwellian society and frankly , a tad dull without persona's like his.

I really enjoyed his presence.

Now, time to lock the moderators up in a cold dark cell , just for a week , and see how vibrant life on the outside can be !

erm...

Talking generally here, and not specifically about any one instance.

It's like this: The site is like a club where there are rules that you accept and agree to abideby when you join, and there are expected standards of behaviour. Cross the line too many times and ignore repeated warnings, then you have to accept the consequences of your own actions.
As for community driven, it is always the good of the majority that should prevail in such a large community as this.

Malc
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
9 Apr 2013 7:19PM
Chris L always reminded me of the hyper-intense IT guy from a couple of episodes of 'The Office'. Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 7:20PM

Quote:The site is like a club where there are rules that you accept and agree to abideby when you join, and there are expected standards of behaviour. Cross the line too many times and ignore repeated warnings, then you have to accept the consequences of your own actions.
As for community driven, it is always the good of the majority that should prevail in such a large community as this.

I agree generally, Malc. However, in my view, the best sort of 'warning' is a temporary ban. Even if it's only (say) a month.... for a minor infraction. More for more serious ones.

Particularly with internet-based sites other sorts of warnings are just so much hot air, to some individuals. It is not as if it is a physical club and you are being hauled up before the club secretary or whatever! It's one faceless individual warning another faceless individual.

A temporary ban shows you mean business. A permanent ban should (generally) only happen when someone has come back after a temporary one, and continues to breach the T&Cs.

Quote:Chris L always reminded me of the hyper-intense IT guy from a couple of episodes of 'The Office'.

Ah yes, I wondered who he reminded me of! Grin
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Apr 2013 7:24PM
Right its time to own up to our 'extra' accounts and clear the air......here goes......ooooh nerves.

I am Carabosse. Can the Mods delete that account and leave this one.

#liberating.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
9 Apr 2013 7:25PM
I have to admit it...........I am keithh............ sussed after all these years of getting away with it! Sad

I'd prefer it if you delete that duplicate account and leave the Carabosse one. Thanks. Smile
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 7:26PM
You are right.

I am Pete. Can the Mods delete that account and leave this one please
779HOB
2 1.1k United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 7:26PM
and my second one, or third one, is Keithh - could that also be deleted leaving me just this one (honest)
I've had a couple of 'differences of opinion' with Chris in the past, and over-all i'd say he is a decent guy who (like most of us) is passionate and a little bit blinkered at times. Nothing against the guy, although i can't say his parting is much of a loss.

The question is though, would he WANT to come back (and WHY)? Ok, that was two questions

Chris has been quite vocal in the past about how he dislikes many of the features of ePz and the way things are done, so it would make me question his motives for being an active forum member on a site that he doesnt particularly like or support. As he wasnt really someone who posted gallery images or got involved elsewhere on the site, he (to me at least) was someone who seemed to live in the forums, most often in threads that were not specific to photography and that could be found on countless other online forums. So, if i was Chris, i'd be more inclined to post in/use a site i actually liked and supported (unless i just wanted to mix things up)
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
9 Apr 2013 7:34PM
This is just confusing...think we just have to delete them all....let's see, CB, Keithh, Focused...any I missed?TongueGrin
seahawk e2
7 616 United Kingdom
9 Apr 2013 7:43PM
I disagreed with Chris's opinion quite strongly on the issue of Macs v PC's, nonetheless I would defend his right to that opinion and I shall miss him and hope he will be reinstated in the not too distant future.

Just my opinion!!
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
9 Apr 2013 7:43PM
I consider Chris to be a good friend, he always warned me when I was stepping over the line, as though he didn't want me banned. As I've said before, he was the most helpful PC person on the site, and was always there to help. I put him almost in a class with Joe Fox. So, that said, I wouldn't want to see either of them back here with a site imposed lobotomy. Remember Jack Nicholson in One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest? No way, he couldn't be himself, which is the way we liked him.

Denny
lawbert e2
7 1.8k 15 England
9 Apr 2013 8:01PM

Quote:Lawbert is Chris-L.

OMG................. you could be right!

Nope, Im me and happy with that.Smile

But maybe Im a little like Chris in that I wont be a sheepTongueWinkTongueWink
CaptivePhotons e2
11 1.6k 2 England
9 Apr 2013 8:05PM

Quote:At the end of the day it is up to the individual concerned to contact ePz if he/she feels the decision should be reviewed.

Wot a load of boll..ks Salty.

He has membership support and , as a community driven website , that should count bundles.

Place is becoming a bloody over-moderated Orwellian society and frankly , a tad dull without persona's like his.

I really enjoyed his presence.

Now, time to lock the moderators up in a cold dark cell , just for a week , and see how vibrant life on the outside can be !

erm...

Please do not speak for me whilst wearing your rose tinted specs. The bloke was an obnoxious bully who seemed to take great delight in attempting to belittle anybody who may have disagreed with him.

Well done to Pete and the rest of the team for having the courage to remove him. Good riddance.
Nick_w e2
7 4.1k 99 England
9 Apr 2013 8:08PM
I've not seen Mike Otley around recently, and unless I missed something, he's too is no longer on the members list.