Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Christmas Cards

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mozzytheboy
    Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 6:43 PM

I try to do as many with the wife as possible Hate to be a husband that is lumped in with those that leave everything to 'er-indoors!' BUT ... when I'm done writing them all and filling addresses in on a few envelopes and realise that a whole afternoon has gone writing these blessed things, my brain says ... 'Thank f%^$ that is that lot over and done with. Only 12 months till it starts all over again!'

OR do you love doing the card thing?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Dec 2012 - 6:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    9 Dec 2012 - 6:56 PM

H A T E it!!

With a passion... BUT...

With a 'dispersed' family - needs must when the devil drives!! Wink

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 6:58 PM

Same as Mike, I really hate it, it seems such a soulless thing. I'd much rather visit and say Happy Christmas than exchange bits of cardboard.

Mozzytheboy
    Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 6:59 PM

Ho Mrs Brown Ho! Think about itWink

Jestertheclown

I don't send cards to anybody.

At Christmas or at any other rime of the year.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82308 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 7:20 PM

My wife and I take a far more simple tack - we opted a few years ago simply 'not to do cards'. We don't send them, and we encourage others not to send them to us either. Rather each year we make a donation to a charity of our choice. Our reasons are multiple:

1. a waste of natural resources
    2. a waste of money - cards, postage, yada, yada, yada...
    3. the so called charity cards get very little of the money actually spent on cards - according to one report a year or two ago charities received up to a max of 12% on cards sold through retail outlets. However, the average amount was much less than 10%. If I am going to make a donation to charity I want it all to go to the charity not some middle man. (This is my main reason)
    4. the time taken in completing them could be better served calling folk on the phone and having a chat, or visiting them in person
    5. the cards clutter the house - and cause a mess
    6. our culture seems to be one that we should send a card every living soul that could possibly know us - why?
    7. what's wrong with just wishing someone a merry christmas - why do we need a card to do that?

I could go on, and on, and on. I know there are counter arguments (the economy being one), but ultimately its a personal choice, and one we are very happy with.

By the way we both absolutely love christmas - and we are not scrooges or similar.

So - for those on epz who know me - merry christmas, but please don't expect a card!

Adam

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93489 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    9 Dec 2012 - 7:44 PM

Quote: I don't send cards to anybody.

If it were left to me, I wouldn't either but my wife is in charge of that department and sends cards to everyone.

....Mike

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 7:49 PM

My Mother in Law sends cards to everyone she's ever met and their children & grandchildren.

LVanDhal
    LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:30 PM

Quote: My Mother in Law sends cards to everyone she's ever met and their children & grandchildren.

My mother is a Christmas card forensic relationship annalist.
    Picture , Verse , Handwriting, choice of wording, envelope ( colour and appropriateness to size of card!!) and postage costs can, and ( most definitely!) will be used, against the sender.

ast333
    ast333  3606 forum posts England
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:38 PM

i guess i am lucky my wife not only writes in the cards but makes them herself and i give her a good discount on any of my photos she uses

Wink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315153 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:42 PM

Cards, I refuse to write them.

That`s the wife's domain Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.