Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Christmas Town Lights 2012

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53579 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2012 - 10:24 PM

Was amazed to see these up in Oxford Street today, have you taken any shots of Christmas lights yet this year that you can upload?
    20121107--mg-1055.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Nov 2012 - 10:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2012 - 10:34 PM

Where I live the local council have a policy of NOT switching the lights on until AFTER Remembrance Sunday, which just so happens to also be Armistice Day this year, 11th November.

They have been busy over the last few days putting them up, so should be switched on next week.

However I have bought a ticket for this event at Hever Castle
    Not quite sure what to expect but it is not too far from home so thought I would pop along for an evening out Smile

Last Modified By JJGEE at 7 Nov 2012 - 10:39 PM
    Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122228 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Nov 2012 - 7:17 AM

I don't think the lights come on here in the south of France until just before Christmas. Certainly no signs of anything Christmassy yet which is a blessing. However, here is one from Narbonne from a previous time.

Bridge over the Canal de la Robine in Narbonne

4--dsc0722-bridge-over-the-ro.jpg

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Nov 2012 - 11:41 AM

I see Oxford st has invested in some new lights... and looking to get full value for money!

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Nov 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think the lights go on here the last Saturday in November but sadly they're nothing to write about. Just bulbs strung in the trees and a few triangular things on some of the lamp-posts. I'm sure it'll be the same old stuff again this year Sad

It used to be all plastic tat when I was a kid - big clown faces etc - it was way better than this 'sophisticated' blandness they do now.

Photoluv86
    17 Nov 2012 - 6:09 AM

Beautiful light displays and photographs everyone!

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96283 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 8:12 AM

Anybody know where there is, or likely to be, a good display of Christmas Lights in the West / East Sussex or South Western Kent areas ?

Large " Indoor Shopping Centres " probably not suitable as the area needs to be photography / tripod user friendly Smile

Last Modified By JJGEE at 17 Nov 2012 - 8:14 AM
    ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 12:12 PM

I'm doing 2 workshops on Xmas lights in Leeds Smile

great subjets for getting your creative juices going - 2nd tuesday in December if anyone wants to join us (the other one's sold out)

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2012 - 11:32 PM

Quote: I'm doing 2 workshops on Xmas lights in Leeds

Nice one, a string of lights and a plastic tree in your living room Smile

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Nov 2012 - 10:07 PM

If it's cold Wink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Nov 2012 - 10:46 PM

Time to get some home brew on the go then Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.