Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Chromatic abberation canon 60d and 17-40

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    hornchurch
    30 Dec 2011 - 4:59 PM

Hi I have a unusual Problem I use lightroom 3 and elements 10 I had a few photos rejected by a agencY down to what they say is chromatic abberation....... I know what this is but I am partly colour blind so seeing this is difficult if not impossible for me.

so I can see how to set up lightroom 3 by Going to lense correction I put in canon in the first drop down, underneath in the next drop down I put in the 17-40 that I use the lowest drop down only has 2 options a canon eos1 with a 17-40 or adoebe canon 17-40 lense, so I picked the later as I use a canon 60d so should this be the right settings to correct something i can not see...????? and How is it done in elements 10 any help would be great Thanks David

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Dec 2011 - 4:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ejways
    ejways  7 Scotland
    30 Dec 2011 - 5:19 PM

You don't say what format your photos are in.
    If they are in RAW and you import them to Lightroom then the info is contained in the metadata. All you have to do is tick the lens correction box and the correction is made automatically.
    Export the photo to Elements as tiff or jpg, (it asks if you want to export a copy with the lightroom corrections), Job Done!

hornchurch
    30 Dec 2011 - 5:22 PM

Hi Its Raw...... So Is it ok to put 17-40 in both the lower drop downs Thanks David

hornchurch
    30 Dec 2011 - 5:23 PM

Sorry I should say I down load the raw into the canon browser and then save them into a folder in my documents I then put this folder into lightroom.....

mikehit
    mikehit  56338 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Dec 2011 - 5:31 PM

Why not use Canon's own Digital Photo Professional? It is all programmed into there and wihout having compared them, my guess is that Canon's correction algorithms are better than Adobe's. What is more, DPP will do the corrections on import if set up to do so.

Quote: should this be the right settings to correct something i can not see...?????

Even if you are colour blind, chromatic abberration will show up as blurring of the image so maybe you could change settings until the point where blurring is minimised.

ejways
    ejways  7 Scotland
    30 Dec 2011 - 5:57 PM

Quote: Hi Its Raw...... So Is it ok to put 17-40 in both the lower drop downs

You don't need to do anything!
    Import the photos
    Go to Develop module
    Go down to Lens Correction
    Tick Enable Profile Corrections (make sure that setup is at default)

Lightroom enters the information automaticallyGrin

hornchurch
    30 Dec 2011 - 6:15 PM

Hi Ok thanks Can I then save the corrected raw files as tiffs and then drag them into elements 10 without losing the corrections...? Thanks David

hornchurch
    30 Dec 2011 - 6:19 PM

sorry I just saw that you Mentioned that earlier Thanks for all the help everyone regards David

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.