Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Chromatic abberation canon 60d and 17-40

hornchurch 3 108
30 Dec 2011 4:59PM
Hi I have a unusual Problem I use lightroom 3 and elements 10 I had a few photos rejected by a agencY down to what they say is chromatic abberation....... I know what this is but I am partly colour blind so seeing this is difficult if not impossible for me.

so I can see how to set up lightroom 3 by Going to lense correction I put in canon in the first drop down, underneath in the next drop down I put in the 17-40 that I use the lowest drop down only has 2 options a canon eos1 with a 17-40 or adoebe canon 17-40 lense, so I picked the later as I use a canon 60d so should this be the right settings to correct something i can not see...????? and How is it done in elements 10 any help would be great Thanks David

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ejways 7 4 Scotland
30 Dec 2011 5:19PM
You don't say what format your photos are in.
If they are in RAW and you import them to Lightroom then the info is contained in the metadata. All you have to do is tick the lens correction box and the correction is made automatically.
Export the photo to Elements as tiff or jpg, (it asks if you want to export a copy with the lightroom corrections), Job Done!
hornchurch 3 108
30 Dec 2011 5:22PM
Hi Its Raw...... So Is it ok to put 17-40 in both the lower drop downs Thanks David
hornchurch 3 108
30 Dec 2011 5:23PM
Sorry I should say I down load the raw into the canon browser and then save them into a folder in my documents I then put this folder into lightroom.....
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
30 Dec 2011 5:31PM
Why not use Canon's own Digital Photo Professional? It is all programmed into there and wihout having compared them, my guess is that Canon's correction algorithms are better than Adobe's. What is more, DPP will do the corrections on import if set up to do so.

Quote:should this be the right settings to correct something i can not see...?????

Even if you are colour blind, chromatic abberration will show up as blurring of the image so maybe you could change settings until the point where blurring is minimised.
ejways 7 4 Scotland
30 Dec 2011 5:57PM
Quote: Hi Its Raw...... So Is it ok to put 17-40 in both the lower drop downs

You don't need to do anything!
Import the photos
Go to Develop module
Go down to Lens Correction
Tick Enable Profile Corrections (make sure that setup is at default)

Lightroom enters the information automaticallyGrin
hornchurch 3 108
30 Dec 2011 6:15PM
Hi Ok thanks Can I then save the corrected raw files as tiffs and then drag them into elements 10 without losing the corrections...? Thanks David
hornchurch 3 108
30 Dec 2011 6:19PM
sorry I just saw that you Mentioned that earlier Thanks for all the help everyone regards David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.