Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Citizenship Ceremony

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Apr 2013 1:27PM
I've been asked to do photos, and a bit of video, for a UK citizenship ceremony, which will be held at a town hall.

Anyone done one of these? Any hints/tips?

Thanks. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett 4 372 England
18 Apr 2013 1:41PM
Google is your friend ,

I was asked by some parents at the school my wife works for, but the venue videoed all the ceremonies (available for purchase),

slightly negative I'll admit. But at least gives you the basic legal format.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Apr 2013 2:06PM
I did use Google before posting on here, thanks! Tongue

However, I am informed that photos/videos are permitted at this ceremony.
ikett 4 372 England
18 Apr 2013 2:18PM
Good news,

Quote:However, I am informed that photos/videos are permitted at this ceremony.

I would contact the venue and ask if they have any restrictions and or advice.

Most public venues tend to be helpful.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Apr 2013 4:48PM

Quote:I would contact the venue and ask if they have any restrictions and or advice.

Thanks. I had indeed better do this..... rather than rely on advice from a friend of the individual being 'citizenised' Smile
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Apr 2013 10:52AM
The good news is that there is no restriction on taking pics/vids, despite the fact there's an official photographer in attendance. Smile

I won't be able to decide on lens choice until I'm actually there, methinks. This is even more one-off than a wedding, so I've got to get it right. Lol! Wink
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
19 Apr 2013 10:55AM
Exciting.
Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Apr 2013 11:22AM

Quote:Exciting.

But hopefully not too much so! Not planning to use flash (I only have the micro-flash unit anyway), so probably have to use one of my fast primes... but which one - oh, decisions, decisions! How do you wedding people cope? Tongue Grin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Apr 2013 4:42PM
Just to say all went well. There was plenty of light from 6 large skylights. I was able to shoot everything with my 14-150mm FF=28-300): stills and video. I was obliged to use the upper end of the lens rather a lot, as the subject was a considerable distance from my shooting position.

An official photographer also took some shots which the new citizen, on inspecting them on the said tog's laptop, pronounced to be rubbish and full of basic errors! He was very happy with my efforts. So pretty chuffed. Smile

Yes, I know....... beginner's luck etc! Grin
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
24 Apr 2013 6:04PM
Well done that man!
Sounds as if it went better than you feared it might.

Malc
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Apr 2013 9:04PM
Thanks Malc. Smile Yes it did go much better I thought, and I actually quite enjoyed doing it.

It's certainly given me more confidence for the wedding I'm doing in early July.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.