Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Citizenship Ceremony

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139503 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

I've been asked to do photos, and a bit of video, for a UK citizenship ceremony, which will be held at a town hall.

Anyone done one of these? Any hints/tips?

Thanks. Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ikett
    ikett  4351 forum posts England
    18 Apr 2013 - 1:41 PM

Google is your friend,

I was asked by some parents at the school my wife works for, but the venue videoed all the ceremonies (available for purchase),

slightly negative I'll admit. But at least gives you the basic legal format.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139503 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Apr 2013 - 2:06 PM

I did use Google before posting on here, thanks! Tongue

However, I am informed that photos/videos are permitted at this ceremony.

ikett
    ikett  4351 forum posts England
    18 Apr 2013 - 2:18 PM

Good news,

Quote: However, I am informed that photos/videos are permitted at this ceremony.

I would contact the venue and ask if they have any restrictions and or advice.

Most public venues tend to be helpful.

Carabosse
    18 Apr 2013 - 4:48 PM

Quote: I would contact the venue and ask if they have any restrictions and or advice.

Thanks. I had indeed better do this..... rather than rely on advice from a friend of the individual being 'citizenised' Smile

Carabosse
    19 Apr 2013 - 10:52 AM

The good news is that there is no restriction on taking pics/vids, despite the fact there's an official photographer in attendance. Smile

I won't be able to decide on lens choice until I'm actually there, methinks. This is even more one-off than a wedding, so I've got to get it right. Lol! Wink

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023105 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Apr 2013 - 10:55 AM

Exciting.
    Wink

Carabosse
    19 Apr 2013 - 11:22 AM

Quote: Exciting.

But hopefully not too much so! Not planning to use flash (I only have the micro-flash unit anyway), so probably have to use one of my fast primes... but which one - oh, decisions, decisions! How do you wedding people cope? Tongue Grin

Carabosse
    24 Apr 2013 - 4:42 PM

Just to say all went well. There was plenty of light from 6 large skylights. I was able to shoot everything with my 14-150mm FF=28-300): stills and video. I was obliged to use the upper end of the lens rather a lot, as the subject was a considerable distance from my shooting position.

An official photographer also took some shots which the new citizen, on inspecting them on the said tog's laptop, pronounced to be rubbish and full of basic errors! He was very happy with my efforts. So pretty chuffed. Smile

Yes, I know....... beginner's luck etc! Grin

saltireblue
    saltireblue Site Moderator 43956 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Apr 2013 - 6:04 PM

Well done that man!
    Sounds as if it went better than you feared it might.

Malc

Carabosse
    24 Apr 2013 - 9:04 PM

Thanks Malc. Smile Yes it did go much better I thought, and I actually quite enjoyed doing it.

It's certainly given me more confidence for the wedding I'm doing in early July.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.